Dell going into Consumer Electronics soon!!!!!

Actaeon

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2000
They already make MP3 players and PDAs, as well as some VERY NICE LCDs (or at least, branded by them). I would imagine TVs wouldn't be to hard of a market to establish.

chibchakan

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2001
Hey why not Sony use to just make consumer electronics, now they make computers too. Yet again Sony sux.:p

Yzzim

Lifer
Feb 13, 2000
Originally posted by: chibchacan
Hey why not Sony use to just make consumer electronics, now they make computers too. Yet again Sony sux.:p

Wonder how long before we have a Dell video game console ;)

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
Not surprising...have you walked into a Gateway Country lately? I walked into the local store last week to get an app and the main display is a 42" plasma hooked up to their media center, along with component stack all rebadged Gateway, plus speakers labeled Gateway. Impressive, but totally unexpected. I guess they're trying to jump past Dell since Dell already has certain parts of the market locked up.

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
A lot of cool stuff will be coming down the pipeline. I can't go into specifics, but think of a lot of the cool but prohibitively expensive consumer electronics out there. Look for Dell to bring commoditization and affordability to them, much like it has with Flat Panels.

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Wow - they're following the lead of gateway. Gateway now has a total lineup of Plasma TVs (42"-50"), LCD TVs, an Ipod clone, MP3 Players, digital cameras, diital camcorters, surround sound theater speakers, DVD players, dvd recorders, acessories (usb cables, memory cards, memory sticks, etc), wireless cards and routers, etc, etc, etc. They even re-entered the server market.

Renob

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000
I have seen first hand some of the products coming out and like Mani said some cool stuff.

shimsham

Lifer
May 9, 2002
Originally posted by: Mani
A lot of cool stuff will be coming down the pipeline. I can't go into specifics, but think of a lot of the cool but prohibitively expensive consumer electronics out there. Look for Dell to bring commoditization and affordability to them, much like it has with Flat Panels.

oh come on now. dont leave us hanging.......here...

:beer::beer::beer::beer:

now what was that again?