Dell Financial Services PC Deals

tydas

Golden Member
Mar 10, 2000
Forgot this part..

Use code: 8-HourHotDeal for 35% off any Dell Hot Deal item (which have built in discounts already, so you save even more). Good 9/14/10 from 1PM EST to 9PM EST

isekii

Lifer
Mar 16, 2001
Forgot this part..

Use code: 8-HourHotDeal for 35% off any Dell Hot Deal item (which have built in discounts already, so you save even more). Good 9/14/10 from 1PM EST to 9PM EST

that makes it a hot deal ^_^.
it seemed their older crap was over priced~ that brings it to the warm to hot category depending on what you're getting

tydas

Golden Member
Mar 10, 2000
I'm thinking if I can get a desktop cheap enough might be a good WHS box..adding the OS and extra HD of course

TwiceOver

Lifer
Dec 20, 2002
I tried the coupon... Didn't show on the last checkout page.

Also, no free shipping.

Firsttime

Platinum Member
Mar 31, 2005
Whoops, wrong thread.

Some nice deals there though for people looking for some super cheap PC's.

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
Weird, DFS says I no longer exist as a customer. I haven't used it in 2 years...lol

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
These are normally off lease systems. Businesses can lease systems from Dell for three years then return them to DFS. They refurbish and test them before putting them out for sale. I have ordered a couple of Optiplexes from here with no problem. Be sure to check the specs, some of these do not come with an OS installed.

They have docking stations starting at $29 so if you order a Lattitude you might want to consider getting a docking station so you can use a big screen LCD, keyboard and mouse when you are at home.
http://www.dfsdirectsales.com/dell/ctl641/cp57642/cl2/docking_stations

They also have an auction site with off lease systems.
http://www.dellauction.com/?Krypto=DGfrYMXLyzLhtjhhFs5jcegg/Bgh9tdu2nA4WFiF4rs=

mvbighead

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2009
I'm thinking if I can get a desktop cheap enough might be a good WHS box..adding the OS and extra HD of course

Those are all micro-boxes that are compacted beyond belief. There isn't room for an extra harddrive (unless external), let alone much of anything else.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
DFS is a good place to get laptops if they have what you're looking for. A friend bought a couple of Latitude D610s for a charity he works with and said they were in very nice shape, almost like new.

TwiceOver

Lifer
Dec 20, 2002
I get nothing but "The system you have selected is no longer available" on everything I click.

Not worth the headache.

exar333

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2004
That is a really really old sucky laptop. Probably slower than a netbook. whats the point.

Get your facts straight. The D620 uses a Core Duo which is appreciably faster than a netbook. For $200, its a decent deal. Not a great laptop, but somthing that is decent for business puposes (web surfing, word processing, ect.).

gsaldivar

Diamond Member
Apr 30, 2001
Get your facts straight. The D620 uses a Core Duo which is appreciably faster than a netbook. For $200, its a decent deal. Not a great laptop, but somthing that is decent for business puposes (web surfing, word processing, ect.).

:thumbsup:

D620 is a great deal at that price. You can also pick up a used D series dock off eBay for less than $20 shipped and turn that laptop into a full desktop workstation (keyboard, mouse, monitor, printer, network etc...)!

BTW - Dell Outlet has similar deals to DFS on refurbished equipment. Outlet = full retail warranty, free shipping, and 21-day money back guarantee on everything. Plus, they regularly post coupons on Twitter for extra savings (search Twitter for "DellOutlet").

I've equipped entire workgroups using Outlet equipment, saving many thousands of dollars.

Highly recommended for those on a budget!

Last edited: