Degree Direction and Advise

I3igDmsu

Apr 3, 2003
I am a junior in college and I am in need of a degree direction. I am currently a Business student and have made it into a very competitve school here. I am taking business core classes this semester but will have to pick a major in the upcoming few months. I am also persuing a specialization in Information Technology. Ultimately I would like to be an IT manager and hopefully move up the corp ladder someday. I am having a difficult time deciding which major would go well with the IT Specialization in order for me to be qualified for IT and for me to be a big asset for the company (education wise). We have the following programs here:
Accounting
Finance
General Business Administration-Prelaw
General Management
Human Resource Management
Marketing
Supply Chain Management
Hospitality Business

Any comments or suggestions will be helpful.

azazyel

Diamond Member
Oct 6, 2000
I don't know if it will go good with IT but Accounting is a great field to get into. Within a company the Accountant is usually the first one hired and the last one fired.

I3igDmsu

Apr 3, 2003
I thought about accounting and I don't think I could do the books all day long. I want to get into the IT field and also I have a lot of previous knowledge and experience, but is the IT specialization enough for higher education requirements in the job place?

Yax

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2003
Originally posted by: I3igDmsu
I thought about accounting and I don't think I could do the books all day long. I want to get into the IT field and also I have a lot of previous knowledge and experience, but is the IT specialization enough for higher education requirements in the job place?

You're gonna have a very tough time when you graduate. Good luck.