Defamation Lawsuit toward Clinton from Tulsi Gabbard....

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008

As the above video points out Tulsi Gabbard may have used Hillary's statements on a podcast to milk any attention she can get and if not for a Hillary spokesperson's facetious statement to the effect of "if the nesting doll fits" when asked if Hillary was talking about Tulsi...
(the two below links detail Nick Merril's remarks to varying degree)

Perhaps Tulsi would not be as close as she is now to qualifying for the next debates if she wasn't given such attention by Hillary... despite the interesting walkbacks attempted in the wake of the podcast and Mr. Merril's statements...

Interestingly enough in the wake of this threatened lawsuit No one from the Clinton camp is saying anything other than no comment so far as I know.

The above Michael Brooks video (he's a producer/staffer on the Sam Seder Show as well) has the correct attitude about the initial podcast statements... which is that it's an unnecessary drama that shouldn't have even gotten news attention.
Michael Brooks does not like Tulsi fyi...

My view is that Hillary gave Tulsi something to use to garner more attention for her campaign that otherwise probably would not be doing as well as it is now (not that it is doing fantastically well)... it was an "OK Boomer" moment in other words... I've heard of kids saying "Ok Boomer" to one another when one does something the others perceive as dumb or stupid.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Gotta milk that Hillary fear as far as it will go.

...I wonder what the self-hatin fascists will do with themselves when Hillary is gone from this world. How do they operate when they no longer have their life determined by the Hillary() function?

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005

...I wonder what the self-hatin fascists will do with themselves when Hillary is gone from this world. How do they operate when they no longer have their life determined by the Hillary() function?
Obama might fill in.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008

Fox News will probably lose 1/2 its viewership and maybe go under.... but since most of their viewers are over 65 that's already an issue but perhaps Fox News will just have a harder time garnering viewers to replace those who become no longer able to view Fox News and it will still go under.

I'd be fine without a Fox News channel anyways it's barely even news and with Sheppard Smith leaving or already gone it has even less of a claim to be legitimate news than even before...

cfenton

Jul 27, 2015
...So is she basically admitting she's not important enough to count as a public figure?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Ok... wait a second....
Isn't this all about the Russians "grooming" Tulsi ?
Awwww republicans, you had better look out.
Proceeding with this kind of crap is what always comes back to bite you in the butt. God forbid something would come out, something in writing or on tape to reenforce as truth what Hillary has said.
And besides, we all know what Hillary has said is undoubtedly true.

Maybe we need a reminder of exactly who and what these Russians really are....
In October of 1962, the Soviets secretly installed nuclear missiles on the island of Cuba. No, the Soviets were not using Cuba as a storage bin for their over supply of nukes, the soviets were actually arming and aiming those missiles directly at the United States.
And.... intended to use them if so needed.
THIS is who the Soviets are.
The same Soviet Union that Donald Trump loves sooooooo much.
One can only imagine how many nukes Vladimir Putin has re-installed back in Cuba since Donald Trump has taken over.
Now THAT'S something we should be looking into.

Reactions: hal2kilo

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

Already grooming AOC and those other icky "foreigners" as targets. Can never have enough targets.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I'm surprised you fellows are down on Gabbard. She appears to be as progressive as Hillary, what makes one better than the other?
I liked what I saw from her during the first debate at first. I liked how she emphasized how anti-war she is, but I didn't like how it came off as if the other candidates were somehow a bunch of warmongers. AFAIK none of the candidates are pushing for war with anyone, so why try to even make that point?

The instant killer for me though was when she came out against impeachment. That is straight up immoral on every level. In an alternate universe where she had a chance to win the nomination and also managed to do it, I would vote for her because she is better than any Republican on the planet but I wouldn't be happy about it.

Last edited:

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Well I can see Gabbard becoming a pest that just won't go away throughout the primary season for the Dems. If that's her way of keeping attention on herself so as to extract maximum leverage out of her highly unlikely win for the office, methinks she's only making things worse for herself in the long run.

Here in Hawaii her support base is shrinking by the day. I thought she was a lot smarter than how she appears to be at the moment. Her behavior doesn't speak well for the demeanor required for the highest office of the land.

Reactions: Amused

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Fox News will probably lose 1/2 its viewership and maybe go under.... but since most of their viewers are over 65 that's already an issue but perhaps Fox News will just have a harder time garnering viewers to replace those who become no longer able to view Fox News and it will still go under.

I'd be fine without a Fox News channel anyways it's barely even news and with Sheppard Smith leaving or already gone it has even less of a claim to be legitimate news than even before...

Mar 11, 2004
I like how Tulsi is trying to trash Hilary as a warmonger while she plays Chamberlain in the pathetic dumbass version of Turmp's wannabe Hitler play. Plus considering she was sucking up to Assad, seems like she has a thing for shitty dictators that inherit everything and yet still manage to fuck it up almost completely.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
So the answer to my question above is that she doesn't openly hate Trump.

I've only seen her speak once as I didn't watch the debates, she presented herself well.
Using Hillarys extremely sour grapes to grab some notoriety doesn't wear well, though she could also be genuinely outraged by an accusation of what could be called treason.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
So the answer to my question above is that she doesn't openly hate Trump.

I've only seen her speak once as I didn't watch the debates, she presented herself well.
Using Hillarys extremely sour grapes to grab some notoriety doesn't wear well, though she could also be genuinely outraged by an accusation of what could be called treason.

As darkswordsman17 pointed out, Gabbard has some policy problems regardless of her stance on Trump.

One thing I've noticed is that many right-wingers are obsessed with championing Gabbard as the 'real' candidate, as if she would surely be leading the polls if it weren't for the eeeeevil DNC keeping her down. No, you're rooting for her because she's the most conservative candidate, and she's polling low for that same reason. Well, that and I suspect some are going by the Fox News school of selection where they choose women for jobs based on sexual fantasies instead of qualifications.

Reactions: yllus and Meghan54