Deer 1 man 0

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Deer Attacks, Kills His Owner in N.Y.
By Associated Press
3 hours ago

ELLENBURG, N.Y. - A deer being kept in a pen attacked and killed his owner Sunday, state police said.

The buck that killed Ronald Donah, 43, was among about a half dozen deer penned up on his property in Ellenburg, about 180 miles north of Albany, said state Trooper Joseph House.

Details of Donah's injuries and what may have prompted the attack were not available Sunday.

Maureen Wren, a spokeswoman for the state Department of Environmental Conservation, said Donah had a license to keep the white tail deer on his property but did not know why he was doing so.

She said deer attacks, at least in the wild, are extremely rare.

Donah was taken to CVPH Medical Center in Plattsburgh, where he died. An autopsy was scheduled for Monday.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Oh NOES! Bambi retaliates...must have read the anti-hunting thread on ATOT...

iamaelephant

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2004
Originally posted by: Rip the Jacker
Originally posted by: iamaelephant
Originally posted by: maziwanka
still. teaches a lesson for keeping wild animals.

You're an idiot.

xplain

People keep wild animals, the fact that a man died because of it doesn't teach a lesson, it's simply a random tragedy. If we didn't keep "wild" animals we wouldn't have farms. Fancy a life without easy access to meat and dairy products? His statement was stupid beyond belief.

FilmCamera

Nov 12, 2006

You're an idiot.

xplain

People keep wild animals, the fact that a man died because of it doesn't teach a lesson, it's simply a random tragedy. If we didn't keep "wild" animals we wouldn't have farms. Fancy a life without easy access to meat and dairy products? His statement was stupid beyond belief.

Cows, chickens, pigs and such are hardly "wild" anymore.

Also cows are very docile anyway.

iamaelephant

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2004
Well they were "wild" at some point, weren't they? What you're saying is retarded. What about goats, horses, kangaroos and many other wild animals that are regularly farmed? Dear farms are not uncommon at all, and I think it's silly to say that people should learn some kind of lesson because of a random event like this. It's like if some guy got kicked in the head while milking a cow and some jackass has to say "Well that's learn 'em for milking a cow." It's senseless bullcrap.

FilmCamera

Nov 12, 2006
Most farm animals have long been more domesticated than they once were.

Basically he was saying don't ****** with nature/

Journer

Banned
Jun 30, 2005
haha...i used to go to this hunting club that had deer pinned up...man did they look pissed...sucks for guys fam/friend...oh well...

i will admit though, its funny as hell watching a deer go down with a tranquilizer shot :D!

moshquerade

No Lifer
Nov 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Brutuskend
By Associated Press
3 hours ago

ELLENBURG, N.Y. - A deer being kept in a pen attacked and killed his owner Sunday, state police said.

The buck that killed Ronald Donah, 43, was among about a half dozen deer penned up on his property in Ellenburg, about 180 miles north of Albany, said state Trooper Joseph House.

Details of Donah's injuries and what may have prompted the attack were not available Sunday.

Maureen Wren, a spokeswoman for the state Department of Environmental Conservation, said Donah had a license to keep the white tail deer on his property but did not know why he was doing so.

Donah was taken to CVPH Medical Center in Plattsburgh, where he died. An autopsy was scheduled for Monday.
It will be interesting to see what the autopsy reveals. I'm thinking he might've had a heart attack, but I could be wrong.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003

You're an idiot.

xplain

Those are domesticated animals. I've heard of people who had pet deer before (not very common), but they're not exactly domesticated animals.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
pet deer? well i'm sure it works for a while, then one day mr deer throws a tantrum and kills u.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
rofl somebody watched too many movies about hunters killing deer with their own hands.

SonnyDaze

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2004
Originally posted by: moshquerade
Originally posted by: Brutuskend
By Associated Press
3 hours ago

It will be interesting to see what the autopsy reveals. I'm thinking he might've had a heart attack, but I could be wrong.

Quite possible, but at 43 you think his heart would be able to handle the stress. I can't say for sure as I've never been attacked by a deer myself. If it was a buck, he could have very well bled to death from punctures of major arteries (sp?).

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
i'm pretty sure those bucks stomp ya too. good stomp rupturing something or crackin ur skull and thats it for ya