DeepCool TriStellar case... WTF?

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
11-853-014-TS

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811853014

Interesting, but def. kind of weird. Not sure how practical the use of space is. Kind of like a piece of art, I guess. At least, it's priced that way.

Reminds me a little bit of the toy train case. (Edit: Not in terms of shape, more of in terms of impracticality.)

Last edited:

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
i dont think its that large seeing how its meant for itx.

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Has the star wars look....Think their playing on the hype?

The white one looks cooler to me. Crazy price on the Mod version.

9189-1.jpg

Mnpctech

Oct 16, 2015
Agreed. Not for everyone's tastes or budget. Deepcool only made 50 of my version and they're actually selling. I've heard from 5 people who have purchased one. Thats not a lot, but not bad since it was released 3 weeks ago. It would be very embarrassing if they made several hundred that collected dust.

This is the first time I've agreed to attaching my name to another manufacturer's product. I've helped developed other cases over the years that nobody knows about, but seems a viable market for unique cases is growing. InWin is great example. (Google "Inwin H-Tower") Deepcool asked if I would do another "signature" mod for them next year. I told them Yes, but let's do something more affordable :whiste:

My video of the original case, before shipping it to their CEO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KQ7Q7CHngQ

Last edited:

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
If I want a boutique case I'll go to mountainmods.

o_O

A Windy (Soldam) case is so much more bling compared to MM. :whiste:
This deep cool case is for people that want outside the box norm.
It sort of reminds me of when TT released their Level 7, it was so unique and so far out there, the original sticker price on such a case was over 700 dollars.

Agreed. Not for everyone's tastes or budget. Deepcool only made 50 of my version and they're actually selling. I've heard from 5 people who have purchased one. Thats not a lot, but not bad since it was released 3 weeks ago. It would be very embarrassing if they made several hundred that collected dust.

This is the first time I've agreed to attaching my name to another manufacturer's product. I've helped developed other cases over the years that nobody knows about, but seems a viable market for unique cases is growing. InWin is great example. (Google "Inwin H-Tower") Deepcool asked if I would do another "signature" mod for them next year. I told them Yes, but let's do something more affordable :whiste:

Hi bill welcome to the forums...
I think i had a chatted with you a couple of times on XS.. i went by Naekuh over there..

But glad to see you here and that you made your account. :)

Also bill you sell all the mods you made on the project cases at your store correct?
So if someone wanted to pick up the same parts you used to mod, they can go directly to your store front page?

Last edited:

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

My video of the original case, before shipping it to their CEO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KQ7Q7CHngQ

You do very nice work. Although it doesn't fit my needs it's a very nice looking case. Your mods make the original look very lacking! I'd imagine they'll sell out.

Welcome to the forum!

On another note just seen this on msn.com

Trinity.png

https://www.cyberpowerpc.com/LandingPages/Trinity/

Last edited:

Mnpctech

Oct 16, 2015
Thank you kenmitch.

I'm glad they only gave Newegg 25 pieces. We often joke about kids that follow pro gaming not knowing who Fatality is? His name is still printed on AsRock's products, but I think Wendall has a really good agent, that made AsRock sign a long contract deal.

Also, Tomshardware associated it with "Star Wars" to draw more attention to their News article. My inspiration was drawn from "Logan's Run"

Last edited:

Kenmitch

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Thank you kenmitch.

I'm glad they only gave Newegg 25 pieces. We often joke about kids that follow pro gaming not knowing who Fatality is? His name is still printed on AsRock's products, but I think Wendall has a really good agent, that made AsRock sign a long contract deal.

Also, Tomshardware associated it with "Star Wars" to draw more attention to their News article. My inspiration was drawn from "Logan's Run"

Your welcome.

I vaguely remember Logans Run. Think I was about 13 or so when it came out.

Being a casual gamer didn't really know the Fatal1ty reference before......Spelled it correctly :)

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
MUST order the modded version OMG beautiful! I pray there's still one for sale when I manage to save up the $$$. I mean one of the original 50, not them sold out and someone selling one at a sizable markup. Sucks the slim ODD cover doesn't have a cut out so you can use a slot load drive. Guess I'd have to pay to have one made.

Last edited:

natto fire

Diamond Member
Jan 4, 2000
Are those two fronts on the lower tiers for optical drives? Neat looking case, but why have something so futuristic looking and provide access to outmoded tech like optical discs?

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
I read the reviews I found on-line but can't find out if the drive cage is removable. I really want to get this, but the max PSU length's 160mm and the PSU I have won't fit. The cage looks like it might be removable. Probably not since none of the reviews mention it, but I'm hoping maybe it an be taken out.

Mnpctech

Oct 16, 2015
You will have to drill out the factory rivets to remove the drive cage. The cage does help the structural rigidity of the chassis. I was told a week ago that 9 of the 25 cases at Newegg have sold. I'm currently working on my next case mod for Deepcool. It's going to be equally "Out of this World"

I will keep AnandTech updated and Thanks again for your support :)