Dedicated server in COD4?

covert24

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2006
Well im trying to start my own server that will be running off of my computer for the time being. just a small server with a max of like 10-15 people and wanted to know if anyone can help me out. Already looked at some tutorials on how to set it up but it wont show up in the server list when i refresh the list. Im running the 1.5 patch btw. Let me know guys.

covert24

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2006
wow guys. thanks for the dam help......:frown:

i got it working but it doesn't show up in the internet server browser. it keeps showing up in the local (LAN) even though it is set to be dedicated on the internet.

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
maybe nobody here knows?

you could try posting on a cod4 specific forum, or you could just keep replying to yourself and getting nowhere... choice is yours.

covert24

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2006
ive looked through other cod4 forums to no avail. in the OP i said i have already went through other tuts on how to set it up. its straightforward but it just doesnt seem to be working even with the firewall turned off.

KeypoX

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2003
your ports are porb being blocked by router ... need to forward them

covert24

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2006
alright thanks got it working after i messed with my router a bit. had the forward but all i did was reset defaults and then redid it and it works. anyway to make the server a bit faster?

ToBYourself

Feb 7, 2007
What do you mean by a bit faster?

Your upload speed will determine how many players you can host.

For some reason (I can't remember nor find my source), I'm thinking that a 512kbps (base cable connection) upload can only host 2-3 players plus you on that box or on your own lan before lag starts setting in.

I learned that way back when I was messing with a CoD1 server.

I don't know how that would compare to CoD4 now.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

KeypoX

Diamond Member
Aug 31, 2003
is this game anygood? I really not a big fan of CS type games. I love BF2 though dunno if i would like this one. Played it a bit but didnt really enjoy it (hardcore mode i believe) but everyone is raving about it

covert24

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2006
i love it. probably wasn't a good idea to start out in hardcore mode since you if you get hit you are pretty much dead and its no fun for people just starting out. I am in a clan if you would like to join up. kinda small community but active and fun nonetheless. The website is www.brosgamingonline.com if you would like to hit us up :)

covert24

Golden Member
Feb 24, 2006
hey guys. got everything set up. just wanted to know if i can delete some files out of the folder since i dont think i need all of these folders for just a server.