Decision Time- 20 In Widescreen

jimsweeney

Aug 11, 2006
I'm looking for a good, cheap widescreen monitor and I stumbled upon these three at newegg: Hanns 191DPB
Hanns 199DPB
Sceptre Sceptre

I figured it will be one of these three. I have concerns about each one and any input would be appreciated. Is the Sceptre really HD ready (and what type of HD)? I've also looked everywhere and can't figure out if this is 8 or 6 bit. I'm also a little wary about the one year warranty (other two are three). On the other hand, both Hanns do have 3 year warranties, but no "HD" readiness and are both 16.2 million colors, most certainly 6 bit. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated. I'll probably buy one later this week and post back. Thanks!

Solema

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2002
Technically, any monitor that has at least 720 lines of vertical resolution can display HD content (at 720p). So all of those LCD's are "HD Ready" since they have 900 lines of vertical resolution. As for which one to get, I have no idea. I clicked on this topic because you said "20 in LCD" and I was going to recommend Dell's, but you are actually looking at 19" LCD's. I'd say as long as it has DVI, low response time, and positive reviews, how bad could it be?