Debunking the Palin Myths - redux

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Vic... in the navy a captain is an O-6.

That is the same as a Colonel in the Army.

I can't believe you don't know something so simple :)

Simple typo, I type in numbers with the 10-keypad. Fixing that now. I understand that that a Navy Captain is the equivalent of an Army Colonel, and was not trying to imply otherwise.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Ok... was worried for a second.

My next question was to ask what you thought of the Bush Doctrine to see if you at least know what it is.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

My next question was to ask what you thought of the Bush Doctrine to see if you at least know what it is.

I already discussed that in the other thread where it came up.

Were you going to address my post in this thread?

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: Vic

I already discussed that in the other thread where it came up.

Were you going to address my post in this thread?
Ok... not sure which point so I'll address both:
Book banning: again, if she was so hell bent on banning books how come this issue has NEVER come up at any other time?

Executive experience: Nothing compares to being President, as Clinton said, but at least McCain has been in charge of something. And as a commander of an air wing he did not have a campaign manager and a chief strategist helping him plot his every move.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: senseamp
Originally posted by: Genx87
Originally posted by: senseamp
Alaska is a government welfare petro-state. Running it does not qualify Palin to run this country in a very possible scenario of Grandpa McCain dying or going senile.
This whole qualification debate is growing stale. BHO lacks any kind of executive experience. Get over it.
He has the mental capacity to lead, Palin does not. Nor does she have the ethical capacity, seeing how she's still lying about the bridge to nowhere
But Obama does have the ethical capacity??

The same Obama when went to the same Church for 20 years but never heard the Preacher say anything questionable??

I am sure you also believed Bill when he denied having an affair with Gennifer Flowers :roll:

Is that like how when you ignore that McCain has a known history of extramarital affairs?

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
Originally posted by: jbourne77
Originally posted by: Craig234
The FACT is she never said "ban these books," unfortunately, which is the message you two are trying to push. Is it worth speculating over? Possibly... but a real talking point? Please... lame at best; closer to desperate.

You're defending her trying to get books banned by pointing out that she asked about the librarian's response to such a request instead of just making the request first?

An d oh by the way when the librarian said she would not agree to ban the books, that Palin tried to get rid of her for it, until the public rallied around the ibrarian?

How sleazy and pro-censorship.

yuppiejr's analysis above pretty much sums it up. Librarian with an axe to grind, a conversation that took place 12 years ago, and no banned books.

Yeah, it's a non-issue and kind of wreaks of desperation. It's also pretty boring to talk about

Actually, no. It's a very serious issue and you don't get the point.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
McCain admitted to his problems that happened YEARS ago.
No one is out there today claiming they had an affair with McCain while he was married to Cindy.

You really stretched it with that one...

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Craig234
Becaused there IS nothing that happened. The story is non-existent. There's no cream filling. You need a target before you start discussing accuracy, don't you think?

You're wrong that 'nothing happened'. Palin did ask the librarian about her willingness to ban the books at Palin's request, a fact itself and implying intenit.

It's reportedly a fact that Palin tried to get rid of the librarian who woul not carry out her censoring desires.

The librarian not going along with her request, the community defenfint the librarian to stop Palin, don't remove the facts.

Yawn

We understand you are a cult member who has no interest in the truth.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
McCain admitted to his problems that happened YEARS ago.
No one is out there today claiming they had an affair with McCain while he was married to Cindy.

You really stretched it with that one...

Which is why you brought up Gennifer Flowers, right?

golfercraig

Feb 7, 2007
Originally posted by: jonks
McCain lies right to american women's faces. More facts from the biased organization known as AP.

http://ap.google.com/article/A...99P3jt2bEXw7gD935ATO80

NEW YORK (AP) ? Republican John McCain said Friday that running mate Sarah Palin has never asked for money for lawmakers' pet projects as Alaska governor when in fact she has sought nearly $200 million in earmarks this year.

McCain made the comments as he appeared on the ABC television show "The View" as part of his effort to woo women to his candidacy.

The Arizona senator said the GOP vice presidential nominee would be good for the country because she would reform government, and specifically cited curbing federal spending for earmarks.

When pressed about Palin's record of requesting and accepting such money for Alaska, McCain ignored the record and said: "Not as governor she didn't."

Sherri "The Earth is Flat/Nothing Came Before Jesus" Sheppard probably loves Palin.

Seriously, someone needs to call him on this utter line of bullshit. Krugman got off to a nice start, but I'd love to see a clear eyed conservative commentator say fucking something. This is O'Reilly's chance to prove he has some level-headedness. He called out Westmoreland for the 'uppity' flap, let's see him step up to the plate on this clear bold faced lie.

Krugman? the same jackass that with Frank and Dodd kept pounding the WSJ, calling them liars as they tried to expose the fraud at Fannie and Freddie? the same guy who helped cause you untold money loss? that jackass? He's the most left-wing jerkoff of the bunch. If he supports Obama, that should be the end of the election. Whatever he likes hurts the country. Period. And you Dems can't figure out why you're going to lose again. Clueless bastards.