Debka.com says Saudis (the family) losing local support

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
Debka is an Israeli sight that purports to deliver "intelligence." This article says that the family of Saud is losing local support. If you're interested in the area, it's an interesting article. Link

privatebreyer

Nov 28, 2002
I wonder which is worst, having the House of Saud fall and seeing the international calamity that follows, resisting it and missing a chance to battle head on with Al-Quida.

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
IMHO, we should work hard to miss the chance to battle head on with Al Queda. Are you aware that Osama's second in command is reported to have been elated when he found out we were sending ground troups to Iraq. I think it is a terrible mistake to confuse the victory based on technology with what is happening and will continue to happen in Arabic countries. Al Queda can blend in there and has some local support. We do not blend in and are rapidly alienating any support we might have had. If Al Queda would only acquire an air force, then we could show them where the bear sat in the buckwheat. But mano a mano in an Arabic country, we've got big problems.

privatebreyer

Nov 28, 2002
Well, having a full blown terrorist state with the military resources that Saudi Arabia has would create a very interesting pradigament. I feel safe in saying that I would draw the extremist to SA (not that it would be called SA) like moths to a lamp.

From there we can simply wipe them off the face of the earth. In my opinion, anything that elevates Al-Quida to status we can more effectively fight is a good thing.

Give tempt Al-quadi into stepping out from behind the rock, and you win.

Edit: I say simply as a relative term.

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
Well, the military resources that Saudi Arabia has are pretty much the ones we supplied. I think at least four points are relevant. (1) Modern weapons, particularly aircraft, use spare parts like you use toilet paper -- at least daily. (2) Even trained people need to call in Tech Reps to fix these things from time to time. (3) Training is about 90% of the problem with modern aircraft. People who haven't had ample time to practice don't do well -- or often. (4) If Al Queda takes control of Saudi Arabia, they will not oppose us with modern technology. It will be like Iraq, personnel getting picked off in ones and twos every day.

VioletAura

Banned
Aug 28, 2003
Originally posted by: privatebreyer
Well, having a full blown terrorist state with the military resources that Saudi Arabia has would create a very interesting pradigament. I feel safe in saying that I would draw the extremist to SA (not that it would be called SA) like moths to a lamp.

From there we can simply wipe them off the face of the earth. In my opinion, anything that elevates Al-Quida to status we can more effectively fight is a good thing.

Give tempt Al-quadi into stepping out from behind the rock, and you win.

Edit: I say simply as a relative term.

So you are saying that if the Sauds are overthrown and extremist take over that will be a good thing for the US since there will be something to fight? Are you a frigging moron? Extremist took over Afghanistan, made it a terrorist state and the US went there to fight and guess what, the terrorist network is still alive and kicking.

BTW, the Sauds may seem apathetic when it comes to international issues, but they will not hesitate to use their stockpile of modern US weaponry on anyone that threatens their thrones, so that kills your hope and dreams of a terrorist run Saudi Arabia.

You are nothing but a bigot and it looks like a horse taught you to read and write, but then I guess I can't expect much from a dumb hick.