Death of HHS official Daniel Best is ruled a suicide

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 25, 2013
He has a point though. This thread is the only thing that comes up in a google search with jump or fall in it.

Yeah, it's a cover up. How many people you think are involved? The police department, coroners office, and DA's office for sure.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Yeah, it's a cover up. How many people you think are involved? The police department, coroners office, and DA's office for sure.
I'm not saying it wasn't a suicide; I'm saying that I did a google search trying to find a source stating that he jumped and found none. That is all.

DanDee

Nov 19, 2018
"The city’s Office of the Chief Medical Examiner on Thursday said Best died from “multiple blunt force injuries” and it ruled his death a suicide. It would not release further information."

Why not release further information? He's dead -- it's been ruled a suicide -- if he jumped from a building, just say it. It's not like they have to hide evidence while they search for a murderer -- right?

Jan 25, 2011
"The city’s Office of the Chief Medical Examiner on Thursday said Best died from “multiple blunt force injuries” and it ruled his death a suicide. It would not release further information."

Why not release further information? He's dead -- it's been ruled a suicide -- if he jumped from a building, just say it. It's not like they have to hide evidence while they search for a murderer -- right?
Because information is almost never released on suicides. The police don’t talk about it. The media doesn’t report on it. This is common practice. The police investigated. They found nothing to indicate foul play.

What I want to know is why do people insist on shitting on the families of people like this? Why do they insist on taking a tragedy and turning it into some grand conspiracy with no evidence to do so? It’s disgusting and shameful.

Reactions: pmv

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
What are you basing this on? Nothing I've read said he fell from a building? Why are people making that assumption?

How else does multiple blunt force trauma & suicide fit together under the circumstances?

There were no signs of foul play & you have no evidence to the contrary.

I'm of the opinion that conspiracy theories are highly addictive. Sufferers apparently go into withdrawal when they don't have fresh ones.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Death of HHS official Daniel Best is ruled a suicide
WASHINGTON, D.C. - The Nov. 1 death of Daniel Best, a pharmaceutical executive from Bay Village who led U.S. Department of Health and Human Services efforts to lower prescription drug prices, has been ruled a suicide, officials in Washington, D.C., said Thursday.
Police say Best was found “unresponsive” near the garage door exit of an apartment building in Washington, D.C.’s Navy Yard neighborhood at 5:25 a.m. on Nov. 1, and was pronounced dead by medical personnel who responded to the scene.
The city’s Office of the Chief Medical Examiner on Thursday said Best died from “multiple blunt force injuries” and it ruled his death a suicide. It would not release further information.
In announcing his death, HHS Secretary Alex Azar said the 49-year-old former CVSHealth and Pfizer Pharmaceuticals executive agreed to work at HHS “out of a desire to serve the American people by making health care more affordable.”
“He brought his deep expertise and passion to this task with great humility and collegiality,” Azar’s statement said. “All of us who served with Dan at HHS and in the administration mourn his passing and extend our thoughts and prayers to his wife Lisa and the entire Best family at this difficult time.”
Best is survived by his wife, Lisa, and three children.

-------------------
I'm looking for "jumped from a building".

Welcome new sock. Ugly Goat Boy will like your concern.

Mar 11, 2004

Probably because shit for brains persons like you will keep spreading your dumbass conspiracy garbage. Yours are so awful they don't qualify as theories.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000

Ok, so if they wanted to cover up something why would they let out information that's "obviously" contradictory to those "woke" among us?

They started a covered up by providing obvious material for a conspiracy, orrrrrrr it logically follows that near a garage with multiple blunt force traumas the dude utilized a common method of suicide?

Logic is hard.