"Death Of A President"

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004
Did anyone watch this? I believe it was released last year (2006) in the USA. It is a movie that poses the hypothetical question "What would happen if George W Bush was assassinated?" The movie uses archival/ news footage and advanced computer techniques to create a movie using the real life people (Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, etc.) as the actors. Apparently almost noone went to see it in the USA (where it was barely promoted - perhaps it was considered to be too controversial) but it has been successful in the international film festivals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_a_President

gabemcg

Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2004
I saw it... great film. I'd classify it more as a fantasy than a pseudo-documentary

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Schadenfroh
Originally posted by: Phokus
Originally posted by: aidanjm
"What would happen if George W Bush was assassinated?"

Mass celebrations across the globe?

Dick Cheney becomes president, want to celebrate that?
Cheney would probably pull a Silvio and die of a heart attack.

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: Schadenfroh
Originally posted by: Phokus
Originally posted by: aidanjm
"What would happen if George W Bush was assassinated?"

Mass celebrations across the globe?

Dick Cheney becomes president, want to celebrate that?
Cheney would probably pull a Silvio and die of a heart attack.

Which would make Nancy Pelosi president. :shocked:

Zolty

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2005
there were several loopholes but all in all it was put together fairly nice. Nice criticism of governmental BS

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
pretty shoddy stuff, fantasy documentary, not funny, not tasteful, not really clever, and frankly not insightful. mostly catering to a crowd who frankly wish bush were dead. if you are going to do such a thing, putting up fake experts talking about bullsh*t you better have some real substance behind it or its really going to be an exercise in stupidity. i mean seriously, fake experts talking nonsense, how boring is that. its not like a colbert/daily show where they are witty and funny, these people are just fake for fakes sake. and frankly people such cr@p appeals to are not people i want on my side.