Dear God, Hillary Clinton. Please Just Go.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Thats not "liberal policy".. There is good business in helping a man when he is down, the sooner he gets up he can be a productive member of society again. The whole victim cult is something of your creation.. cause I guess you need a boogeyman to single out, make fun of, hate, in an attempt to somehow feel better about yourselves. You guys are a cult.

Well said.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Liberal politicians enable the entitlement mentality. We don't have competition anymore, but participation trophies. People aren't expected to earn what they have, according to some factions, but are somehow victims of this difficult life. Even worse, is that some people feel they are entitled to some of what I have earned. To them I say, if you are not limited to living off the safety net, due to some age related, or disability related issue, then if you want something, get off your ass and make it happen. People start with nothing everyday, eventually to become millionaires. The only limitations we have are what we are willing to do to achieve our goals. There is plenty of room at the top. People who complain, while eating doughnuts and sitting on their couches, haven't really earned the right to complain. They should just be grateful they have doughnuts, a couch and TV. lol

This is how you end up with desperate, destitute people shooting and robbing you. Enjoy.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
To me it seems like most people I know that complain about how terrible everything is are the same people that refuse to leave their comfort zone and better themselves. Opportunity is often disguised as hard work.
It is also disguised as a way for the lucky to feel better about themselves because they are the ones who have profitable work by flattering themselves it's their willingness to work that handed them their silver platter. If you had empathy for those who have had their wills to achieve on their own crushed out of them, it would throw a giant monkey wrench into that disgusting ego game. Any old drug addict laying on the sidewalk can change his life by hard work. It's sad your feelings of success are built at the cost of your sacred human empathy.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
All I can say that for me a few brief glimpses of a different conscious state I believe some have permanently achieved changed everything for me. My thoughts on ports of your question run like this:
Love is a God conscious state or a state of ultimate realization of our true nature, just empty words, I know. As such it is an outpouring, a rip in the fabric of reality that let's the light in.

- Its a little funny cause I can relate to much of that except the "God" part. Not empty words at all, realization of what and why we are here is a marvelous borderline spiritual thing. Maybe there is more than one path to Rome.

I remember somebody else saying, we will wind up as ants in an ant heap or have a future so great none of us today can possibly imagine.

- That resonates.

The problem, quite simply is that we don't know how we feel, don't want to know, and don't want to know we don't want to know. We are caught between our true nature that we deny but is real, and our belief that we are worthless and deserve to go extinct, a feeling we refuse to know we feel. New organs of perception develop with need so the closer we come to the realization of our own self generated destruction we become the more we will awaken. To me it looks like a race and your guess is as good as mine as to which side will win.

- We are in the midst of this battle now, if we are to influence the outcome somehow, we need some kind of game plan.
Also, there is the entire aspect of natural selection in play here, and not in a good way. Suppose it takes 1/100th effort to break down than it does to build up .. All it takes to ruin what 99 people builds is 1 asshole to tear it all down, logically and pr selection the group of 99 must harden itself to withstand the pressure from the 99... and so it escalates. There will always be one fucker willing to ruin it for everyone else for a dime extra in his own pocket... I cant for the life of me figure out how to counter that.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
There will always be one fucker willing to ruin it for everyone else for a dime extra in his own pocket... I cant for the life of me figure out how to counter that.
If you can't figure it out you should at least see that you will have done all you can by not being the one to take that dime.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It is also disguised as a way for the lucky to feel better about themselves because they are the ones who have profitable work by flattering themselves it's their willingness to work that handed them their silver platter. If you had empathy for those who have had their wills to achieve on their own crushed out of them, it would throw a giant monkey wrench into that disgusting ego game. Any old drug addict laying on the sidewalk can change his life by hard work. It's sad your feelings of success are built at the cost of your sacred human empathy.

Luck? Conservatives can't admit to that. It destroys the basis for their self righteous pride entirely. We're all lucky we weren't born Bangla Deshis, some of us obviously a lot luckier than others.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Luck? Conservatives can't admit to that. It destroys the basis for their self righteous pride entirely. We're all lucky we weren't born Bangla Deshis, some of us obviously a lot luckier than others.
Two broken legs? Walk it off man.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
The whole success of the human species depends on empathy. I scratch your back so I have the social capital to have mine scratched too. Other people are not the enemy, they are a resource. Of course, in a competitive society where the alpha male thinks only of himself, that tribe of apes will be eaten alive by social rebellion. The cult of fools created by the 1% will turn on them and kill them in an ape society. We are witnessing all manner of human analog behavior. In ape society the empathetic lacking leader who rules by means of a gang has a very bad time of it when he falls. What goes around comes around as wise apes say.

Reactions: cytg111