Dean to Voters: Sit Down, Shut Up

ChicagoMaroon

Dec 10, 1999
AP News Story

Dale Ungerer, a retiree from Hawkeye, Iowa, lectured Dean for nearly three minutes near the end of a forum aimed at winning voters for Iowa?s Jan. 19 caucuses.

Ungerer accused Dean and other Democratic presidential hopefuls of dividing the country by bashing Bush instead of outlining their own plans and showing respect for authority.

?Please tone down the garbage, the mean mouthing, the tearing down of your neighbor and being so pompous,? Ungerer told the former Vermont governor and Democratic front-runner. ?You should help your neighbor and not tear him down.?

?George Bush is not my neighbor,? Dean replied.

?Yes, he is,? Ungerer said, to which Dean responded: ?You sit down. You?ve had your say and now I?m going to have my say.?

Why does Howard Dean remind me of a whiny 3 year old? Dean to Democrats: Nominate me or I'll take all my toys (voters) and go home!!! Dean to voters: You shut up! My turn to talk! My turn to talk! Listen to meeee!!!

Oct 16, 1999
I don't quite understand why people are using this to paint Dean in a negative light. He let the guy ramble on for 3 minutes and then preceded to own him without personally attacking him. We'd do well to have more people here on these forums behave that way.

arsbanned

Banned
Dec 12, 2003
Yeah, dream on. Most people on forums can't spell let alone think clearly. Of course that is NOT the case with AT! :D

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: ChicagoMaroon
AP News Story

Dale Ungerer, a retiree from Hawkeye, Iowa, lectured Dean for nearly three minutes near the end of a forum aimed at winning voters for Iowa?s Jan. 19 caucuses.

Ungerer accused Dean and other Democratic presidential hopefuls of dividing the country by bashing Bush instead of outlining their own plans and showing respect for authority.

?Please tone down the garbage, the mean mouthing, the tearing down of your neighbor and being so pompous,? Ungerer told the former Vermont governor and Democratic front-runner. ?You should help your neighbor and not tear him down.?

?Yes, he is,? Ungerer said, to which Dean responded: ?You sit down. You?ve had your say and now I?m going to have my say.?

Why does Howard Dean remind me of a whiny 3 year old? Dean to Democrats: Nominate me or I'll take all my toys (voters) and go home!!! Dean to voters: You shut up! My turn to talk! My turn to talk! Listen to meeee!!!

Let's compare that to what Bush does to potential protesters who might come to his appearances. Secret service keeps them a mile away. Of course the rightwing media never mentions it. But Dean responds to a troll in the audience, and there is mass hysteria and sensationalism all over the AM propaganda airwaves. A tempest in a teapot. To listen to these rightwingers, it's as if Dean shot someone., when in fact it's a rather calm response to an obvious troll.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: SuperTool
AP News Story

Let's compare that to what Bush does to potential protesters who might come to his appearances. Secret service keeps them a mile away. Of course the rightwing media never mentions it. But Dean responds to a troll in the audience, and there is mass hysteria and sensationalism all over the AM propaganda airwaves. A tempest in a teapot. To listen to these rightwingers, it's as if Dean shot someone., when in fact it's a rather calm response to an obvious troll.

Pretty much every president in recent history has done this. That includes the previous one and I have little doubt that Dean would do the same if elected.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: charrison
Originally posted by: SuperTool
AP News Story

Pretty much every president in recent history has done this. That includes the previous one and I have little doubt that Dean would do the same if elected.

Maybe so, but righwingers are bashing Dean for his response to the trolls, while Bush is keeping them away entirely and not responding at all.
The way these righwingers talk about it, I though Dean verbally assaulted someone, but then they played the tape, and there was no meat there.
Maybe that Ungerer guy thought he was there to debate Dean or something.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
I just viewed this episode . . . it's not even close to being the eruption that the media is implying.

Jadow

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2003
I think Dean is so angry all the time because his wife is so f'in ugly. Note to Howard Dean, Sauroman wants his goblin back!

Compton

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Jadow
I think Dean is so angry all the time because his wife is so f'in ugly. Note to Howard Dean, Sauroman wants his goblin back!

lol :beer:

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
Headline in the New York Post tomorrow.

"Dean Eats Babies, The kills Kitten."