Dean pressures ABC to supress Domestic Violence story

mfs378

May 19, 2003
FLASH** 1/14/04 20:21:03 ET** Dean's campaign managers threatened to kick ABC-TV off the Dean Campaign plane if ABCNEWS ran the affidavit story on tonight's WORLD NEWS, insiders tell DRUDGE... Dean Manager Joe Trippi said: "Im gonna come after you." News editors made the Dean/affidavit story fifth in the news wheel.... Developing...

Here's the source for that little tidbit: link

Here's the actual story: Text

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
In his presidential campaign, and as governor of Vermont before that, Howard Dean has taken a tough, zero-tolerance stand on domestic violence, accusing the Bush administration of not being committed to the issue. Yet Dean said he had no idea that one of the men closest to him was repeatedly abusing his wife.

Howard the Duck is a Professional Liar. He passed the required exam many moons ago. Who knows, he probably assisted in the beatings.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Dari
In his presidential campaign, and as governor of Vermont before that, Howard Dean has taken a tough, zero-tolerance stand on domestic violence, accusing the Bush administration of not being committed to the issue. Yet Dean said he had no idea that one of the men closest to him was repeatedly abusing his wife.

Howard the Duck is a Professional Liar. He passed the required exam many moons ago. Who knows, he probably assisted in the beatings.

But thank god he is more honest than Bush, and certainly less violent.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
....and certainly less violent.

Really? How so? He urged Clinton to war with Serbia--alone if "necessary". Sounds like he couldn't wait for the US to kill in his name.

tallest1

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2001
I think we need to make a Acceptable-NotAcceptable scale in this forum.

According to con's, if Bush does something wrong, its okay if Clinton did it too. Otherwise, we're told its semi-acceptable "because the facts aren't out yet". Yet here we have Dean potentially doing something that Bush has most likely done in the past (supressing stories I mean), and Dean yet gets the "unacceptable" stamp. I don't get it.

Edit: Cad - yeah, it'll be interesting how this turns out. My bet is that Sharpton or Lieberman are waiting for the right time to bring it up.

Dari - I expected a lot more from you. What you just said goes beyond stupid.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Dari:

Call Dean all the names you want, but to say "he probably assisted in the beatings" gives you exactly the credibility you deserve.

-Robert

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: chess9
Dari:

Call Dean all the names you want, but to say "he probably assisted in the beatings" gives you exactly the credibility you deserve.

-Robert

Can you tell me without a doubt that he didn't assist in the beatings of the cop's wife? If not, then your point is extremely moot.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Dari claims that Dean probably assisted in the beatings.

A while back Dari expressed his wish for someone to slit their wrists.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Gaard
Dari claims that Dean probably assisted in the beatings.

A while back Dari expressed his wish for someone to slit their wrists.

Yes, I publicly expressed my interest in seeing a known pedophile committ suicide. Do you see a problem with that? Would you prefer that he continue to rape more children? Is that what you want?

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
"The French are animals."
"What? I didn't mean it as an insult. Technically, we are all animals."

"I wish Ritter would slit his wrists"
"What? I meant because he's a pedophile. My statement had nothing to do with the discussion we were having at the time."

"Iraqi liberation was an eventuality, not a reason."
"What? So what if DMA says otherwise. I refuse to disagree with him because he feels, like I do, that the war was justified. Regardless of the reasons."

You got no cajones Dari.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

"What? I meant because he's a pedophile. My statement had nothing to do with the discussion we were having at the time."

"What? So what if DMA says otherwise. I refuse to disagree with him because he feels, like I do, that the war was justified. Regardless of the reasons."

You got no cajones Dari.

Nice of you to put words in my mouth. It's also nice of you to make presumptuous assumptions as to what my thoughts are. Furthermore, you need to stick to the topic at hand.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000

You got no cajones Dari.

Nice of you to put words in my mouth. It's also nice of you to make presumptuous assumptions as to what my thoughts are. Furthermore, you need to stick to the topic at hand.

How about your rant on the rampant homosexuality in Europe? What was it....oh yes...something about the "streets smelling of open ass". You pretty much lost any credibility you might have had after that.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Insane3D

You got no cajones Dari.

How about your rant on the rampant homosexuality in Europe? What was it....oh yes...something about the "streets smelling of open ass". You pretty much lost any credibility you might have had after that.

I could care less what credibility you have for me. I state my opinion and back it up if need be. Whether or not you choose to believe makes absolutely no difference to me. However, as you've shown, my points are clearly not forgotten.