Dean: "If we had strong leadership in the Democratic Party..."

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
As usual, Dean is right on. The puke running the Democratic party needs to go. We need a real liberal party and a progressive voice to save this country. Go Dean go. This campaign is really fun. I don't really care if I win. I just want to be able to cast a principled vote. I couldn't vote for that sleezebag Clinton cause he was a pig. Just give me a decent, intelligent, thoughtful, introspective human being.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: DevilsAdvocate
If Dean can't handle the heat now, wait until he faces W. W will turn on the blast furnace, and Dean will wither away like the pathetic little pansy that he is. The Naderistas will peddle their bikes to the polls and will stuff the ballot boxes for Dean, but that is not how elections are won.

Dean will get trounced. The writing is on the wall, people.

Memo to the DNC -

You gotta pander to the middle. The only prayer in hell you have of unseating W is by reclaiming the middle with a Gephardt - Graham ticket. Kerry can't win, either. Challenge W in FL with Graham on the ticket, and make him spend buckets of money there. Use the Midwest Magic of Gephardt to take the industrial midwest.

The rest is cake. Win NY, CA, PA, IL, MO, and it is all but over.

I think the DLC already knows this...that's why they haven't taken a real good liking to dean and it doesn't help that dean keeps taking potshots at the more centrist democrats. Need I mention "democratic wing"? :Q

CkG

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
If Dean can't handle the heat now, wait until he faces W. W will turn on the blast furnace, and Dean will wither away like the pathetic little pansy that he is. The Naderistas will peddle their bikes to the polls and will stuff the ballot boxes for Dean, but that is not how elections are won.

Dean will get trounced. The writing is on the wall, people.

Memo to the DNC -

You gotta pander to the middle. The only prayer in hell you have of unseating W is by reclaiming the middle with a Gephardt - Graham ticket. Kerry can't win, either. Challenge W in FL with Graham on the ticket, and make him spend buckets of money there. Use the Midwest Magic of Gephardt to take the industrial midwest.

The rest is cake. Win NY, CA, PA, IL, MO, and it is all but over.

I think the DLC already knows this...that's why they haven't taken a real good liking to dean and it doesn't help that dean keeps taking potshots at the more centrist democrats. Need I mention "democratic wing"? :Q

CkG

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Moonbeam
As usual, Dean is right on. The puke running the Democratic party needs to go. We need a real liberal party and a progressive voice to save this country. Go Dean go. This campaign is really fun. I don't really care if I win. I just want to be able to cast a principled vote. I couldn't vote for that sleezebag Clinton cause he was a pig. Just give me a decent, intelligent, thoughtful, introspective human being.

I thought you were a "third way" type of guy. OR is that just a nice little phrase you like to use because it "sounds good"?

CkG

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
We need a real liberal party and a progressive voice to save this country.
BS, the Dems need to jettison all the Liberal Idiots and become more Centrist.

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

They already are rather Centrist, except The Kucinch Types wjich are few and Far.

Jul 1, 2000
Originally posted by: smashp
They already are rather Centrist, except The Kucinch Types wjich are few and Far.

The crowning of Nancy Polosi as the Min. Ldr. marked a hard left turn for the Dems. They were fairly centrist under Clinton, but this has changed. For some reason, somebody somewhere thinks that pandering to the disenfranchised will win an election.

Not gonna happen.

Jul 1, 2000

The crowning of Nancy Polosi as the Min. Ldr. marked a hard left turn for the Dems. They were fairly centrist under Clinton, but this has changed. For some reason, somebody somewhere thinks that pandering to the disenfranchised will win an election.

Not gonna happen.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Yup, I was going to say that if Red had any idea what liberal is, he'd understand that the Democratic party is way to the right on center now. The BS is his own.
===================
Caddy, as to the third way, the perfect is the enemy of the good, right, Zebo? :D

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

Not gonna happen.

Nancy Polute, what a joke. She voted against the effort to deny Bush the stolen Presidency. She's bought and paid for.

308nato

Platinum Member
Feb 10, 2002
Originally posted by: DevilsAdvocateThe crowning of Nancy Polosi as the Min. Ldr. marked a hard left turn for the Dems. They were fairly centrist under Clinton, but this has changed. For some reason, somebody somewhere thinks that pandering to the disenfranchised will win an election.

Not gonna happen.

The dems really f'd up by not giving Harold Ford a shot at the job. But, why have a guy people like and can deal with as the leader when you don't like anybody and don't want to deal ? Therefore Pelosi was the proper choice I guess.