Deal or No Deal - 1999 Acura Integra GS-R

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
http://www.chaseautogroupnj.com/web/2442/vehicle/2954272/1999-Acura-Integra-GS-R

tg_640.jpg

$10,999
New OEM Radiator
Cold air high performance Air Intake
Lowered springs with perform strut
Drilled front, rear rotors, and brake lines
Wver sized brake calipers
V Teck performance ignition wires, caps, and rotors
Caps for radiator, clish slave, master, fuse box, oil and dip stick
AEM fuel injection rail
Jackson racing super charger intake
Carbon fiber hood
Racing seats
Alpine V12 Class-T amp, full Alpine stereo system
Rear sway, and front stabilizer rods
High performance clutch
Headers
V-Teck Engine
Ground effects kit
Body kit
Slim cooling fans
Race seat harness
Short Shifter

THIS VEHICLE QUALIFIES FOR UP TO A 4YR/UNLIMITED MILES WARRANTY

One of the best tuners ever made, and this one has VERY low miles, warranty, and looks very sharp. Lots of performance options added, and it looks like it's in show room condition. However, as always, how problematic are those add-ons going to be further down the line? It's also FWD- not my bag baby. The Acura Integra is STILL on the top 20 list for stolen cars too - the parts are more valuable than the sum!

So, what say you: deal or no deal?

Last edited:

SearchMaster

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2002
Why would you put so much money into changing the car and its appearance and drive it 9K miles? Auto-X mostly?

AMCRambler

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001
Ditch the spoiler for a stocker and replace that hood with a stock hood and it wouldn't be so awful to look at. That front clip does scream rice though. For $11,000 though? No way.

Not even for $6,000. You look at that car and you know they've torn into it and half-assed stuff. Would probably make that 66' mustang someone posted look mint by comparison.

God Mode

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2005
Hell no. WTF is vteck engine or supercharger 'intake'? This seems like some gaudy POS someone out of touch built from a parts catalog.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Ditch the spoiler for a stocker and replace that hood with a stock hood and it wouldn't be so awful to look at. That front clip does scream rice though. For $11,000 though? No way.

Not even for $6,000. You look at that car and you know they've torn into it and half-assed stuff. Would probably make that 66' mustang someone posted look mint by comparison.

In defense, the dealer that is selling this car only sells "cream of the crop" type vehicles, and this car was hand picked for its performance and quality.

I emailed the dealer from their site and he replied with this:

"That Acura is a really honey to drive. I don't think there is a single smear on the engine. It was a show car by a local competition shop and is full of top of line parts."

I have some evidence that the work on it may have been done from here, but I can't be 100% sure:

http://autocouturemotoring.com/acm/#

BrownShoes

Golden Member
Dec 28, 2008
The Integra was a great car. It was a lot of fun to drive and economical.
This one looks like poop.

Dr. Detroit

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2004
That's Type-R money -

No chance they will get over $7K for that car unless that part it out -

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
dang i loved that car in high school.. two of my friends had that car... one was actually a Type-R.. Of course, I was stuck with my mom's Ford Taurus.. HAH

To your question, Nahhh

SearchMaster

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2002
In defense, the dealer that is selling this car only sells "cream of the crop" type vehicles, and this car was hand picked for its performance and quality.

I emailed the dealer from their site and he replied with this:

"That Acura is a really honey to drive. I don't think there is a single smear on the engine. It was a show car by a local competition shop and is full of top of line parts."

I have some evidence that the work on it may have been done from here, but I can't be 100% sure:

http://autocouturemotoring.com/acm/#
Ah, that makes more sense - a company used it to advertise their wares which is why it wasn't driven much. I wouldn't buy it (or drive it) but if it appealed to someone, it would be cheaper to buy than to get an unmodified Integra and make it like that.

Feb 10, 2000
That body kit is just vomitous IMO, to the point that I wouldn't feel comfortable driving the car.

My first new car was a 1999 Integra GS-R sedan. I realized fairly quickly that it was a really fatiguing, buzzy car to drive every day, particularly because I had a long commute at the time. As luck would have it, the car was stolen by professionals (they stripped it of its engine, tranny, wheels, seats, brakes, and airbag, and abandoned it on the street on 4 donut spares) after 1 year and 13K miles. Honestly I wasn't sad to see it go.

EDIT: Why would the headers be this rusty? It certainly undermines the car's show-car aesthetic. I would think you could buy stainless headers for this car for small money.

HQ_640.jpg

Last edited:

ballmode

Lifer
Aug 17, 2005
I'd only get that car again for 3 reasons:

1. Need a beater with car handling but with a hatch to hold big stuff (easy to put a 40" tv in)

2. Manual sporty sedan in the form of a GSR Sedan. (from this era I think of only 3 competitors, SVT Contour, 328i Sedan, Impreza 2.5RS)

3. Integra Type R (the best FWD car ever made)

Feb 10, 2000
I'd only get that car again for 3 reasons:

1. Need a beater with car handling but with a hatch to hold big stuff (easy to put a 40" tv in)

2. Manual sporty sedan in the form of a GSR Sedan. (from this era I think of only 3 competitors, SVT Contour, 328i Sedan, Impreza 2.5RS)

3. Integra Type R (the best FWD car ever made)

Your #2 is the main reason I bought one. If, say, the WRX had existed at the time I would almost certainly have bought that. Since my GS-R I have owned a Nissan Maxima SE and a BMW 330i, both with manual tranny, as my daily drivers, for more or less the same reason.