dead thread

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Originally posted by: jjj807
it's not that great of a game, just like farcry wasn't

That's when your post started failing. What's so bad about Crysis' requirements anyways? It runs fine on my computer (X2 3800+, 1GB RAM, 7900 GT) at medium settings. No worse than UT3, at least.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
chill out about crysis

take your own chill pill :p

People who upgrade for Crysis are upgrading for '08-'09 games
. . . early

i will and i will enjoy the latest Graphics and best games .... while you are still playing AoE and struggling with new games at 800x600
:roll:

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Originally posted by: HamburgerBoy
it's not that great of a game, just like farcry wasn't

That's when your post started failing. What's so bad about Crysis' requirements anyways? It runs fine on my computer (X2 3800+, 1GB RAM, 7900 GT) at medium settings. No worse than UT3, at least.

WTF? I have an X2 5000+, 2GB RAM, and a 7950GT KO and I get ok frame rates with the game in 800x600 on medium, all while not in full screen mode (i have 22's)

granted it looks prettttttty

invidia

Platinum Member
Oct 8, 2006
who the hell said they are upgrading JUST to play crysis? Everyone is upgrading for the sole purpose of future games or just for the hell of it.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Originally posted by: TechBoyJK
WTF? I have an X2 5000+, 2GB RAM, and a 7950GT KO and I get ok frame rates with the game in 800x600 on medium, all while not in full screen mode (i have 22's)

granted it looks prettttttty

There's a bit of lag but for a computer that cost me ~$600 a year ago I'm not complaining, especially since Crysis still looks beautiful. So long as it stays in or above the 20 region for frames per second and doesn't stutter constantly I'm fine. It wasn't until late last year that I upgraded from a 1.4Ghz T-bird, 512MB RAM, and 9200, so I'm used to the lag. :p

Deinonych

Apr 26, 2003
it's not that great of a game, just like farcry wasn't. It's just amazing graphics and beautiful achievements in graphic design. People who upgrade for the sole purpose of playing the next big walletsucker is ridiculous at times. Hl2 engine and unreal 3 engine will be more prevalent among online and popular games for awhile and these engines run great on mid range systems.

go play age of empires

Yep, you're right. It's Minesweeper for me from now on.

While we're at it, let's go back to horse and buggy for transportation. :confused:

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
Chill out about age of empires.

it's not that great of a game, just like Command & Conquer wasn't. It's just amazing graphics and beautiful achievements in graphic design. People who upgrade for the sole purpose of playing the next big walletsucker is ridiculous at times. The classics will be more popular games for awhile and run great on mid range systems.

go play some Dune

jjj807

Jun 20, 2004
hahaha i just started this to see everyone yell. crysis is cool. Lol, you guys are funny

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Originally posted by: manowar821
And YOU go spread your crap opinions elsewhere. Like, I don't know, OffTopic?
In all fairness he's got 96 posts since June of 2004. Its not like he's wasting his life here, and his opinion was topical. Off Topic is for things that dont fit anywhere else. This belongs here, even though his opinion stinks and is poorly stated.

jjj807

Jun 20, 2004
Yeah I'm sorry if i offended people, I just remember a thread like this going around back when HL2 was coming out and people cried about the sys reqs. No offense, Crysis is sweet.

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
Amusing that a longtime lurker just made you guys get all angry about a... game ;)

I'm not particularly excited about Crysis either. FarCry began nicely when fighting soldiers in the jungle, but I barely finished it after the story went wonkers.

Dethfrumbelo

Golden Member
Nov 16, 2004
Originally posted by: Spartan Niner
Amusing that a longtime lurker just made you guys get all angry about a... game ;)

I'm not particularly excited about Crysis either. FarCry began nicely when fighting soldiers in the jungle, but I barely finished it after the story went wonkers.

It's amazing how easily some people's buttons are pushed.

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
I loved Far Cry, I'm sure I'll love Crysis as well. Who publishes Age of Empires anyway? In other words, where is the OP employed? :laugh:

CKent

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Originally posted by: pontifex
but farcry wasn't that great of a game...

!!1111!!!1!!!1!1oneoneeleven

*grabs nearby torch and pitchfork*

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: CKent

i also didn't care for HL2.

I've always wanted to ask you which games you actually do like/have liked? Everytime I see you post about a game you always say you hated it or it sucks.

I'm not trying to flame you or anything, I'm genuinely curious. :)

KT

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Originally posted by: KeithTalent

I've always wanted to ask you which games you actually do like/have liked? Everytime I see you post about a game you always say you hated it or it sucks.

KT

I've posted many times about games i like. everyone just seems to focus on the negative ones.

SoF2 is one I rave about when anyone brings it up.
Other ones I have liked are:

Portal
Bioshock
UT3
UT99
R6: Vegas
Gun
TF2
WoW (until you get to the endgame although I've tried to go back to it a few times and can't get back into it)
CoD
CoD2
DAoC (in its heyday)
AoE2
C&C (all of them)
Diablo
Diablo2
NFS: MW
GTA3 and the one after that
Warcraft2
Warcraft 3
Fallout 1
Fallout 2
Fallout Tactics (or whatever it was called)
Max Payne 1 and 2

plus plenty more

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005

KT

I've posted many times about games i like. everyone just seems to focus on the negative ones.

SoF2 is one I rave about when anyone brings it up.
Other ones I have liked are:

Portal
Bioshock
UT3
UT99
R6: Vegas
Gun
TF2
WoW (until you get to the endgame although I've tried to go back to it a few times and can't get back into it)
CoD
CoD2
DAoC (in its heyday)
AoE2
C&C (all of them)
Diablo
Diablo2
NFS: MW
GTA3 and the one after that
Warcraft2
Warcraft 3
Fallout 1
Fallout 2
Fallout Tactics (or whatever it was called)
Max Payne 1 and 2

plus plenty more

Cool thanks.

Surprised you liked COD2 (I loved it). Warcraft 3 ruled!

KT

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000

Cool thanks.

KT

Why surprised? i really love the CoD series up to that point. Never played 3 because it was console only and I'm not sold on 4 yet.

KeithTalent

Administrator
Nov 30, 2005

Cool thanks.

KT

Why surprised? i really love the CoD series up to that point. Never played 3 because it was console only and I'm not sold on 4 yet.

I just remember a lot of people here ripping it apart. I thought I was in the minority with those who liked it.

KT

jjj807

Jun 20, 2004
age of empires is timeless. One of the best games ever made hands down. Still LAN happy to this day