*Dead* Team Fortress 2 50% off on Steam + Huge new update!

StormSide

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Too much new stuff in this game. I loved it before they added all the crap ....

More like an MMO now with all this crafting.....

khansolo

Sep 27, 2010
They've been adding new content since the day they released it. 10 bucks seems standard though. If they have another Halloween event, might wanna wait until then where the price could drop to 2 bucks

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Bearing with the new content is a small price to pay for Valve to continue supporting this old-ass (but fantastic) game.

WT

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2000
$10 for the game and $5 a piece for some of the hard to acquire items is a freakin' joke. I still play regularly and the game has turned into a chatfest as players try and work the best deal for a trade of items while an enemy Scout runs right by them with the intel. :(

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
I'm still killin' people. And it's fun.

Also excited about "Sacrifice" coming for L4D (1&2).

Valve does right by me. If you're not having fun playing TF2, I have to assume that you're doing it wrong.

Last edited:

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
Wait I don't get it... The MANN Economy update is free for those that own TF2? But what about the engineer update? You still gotta pay extra for it?

zaptone

Apr 22, 2005
all the updates have been free...you just gotta pay $50 if you want all the new pack items

totalnoob

Golden Member
Jul 17, 2009
I am pretty sure the engineer update was $20 when it came out.

No, it was free..and so is this one. Buying items is optional. There are already crafting recipes for most new items..and they are also being given out as random drops. The only ones without a craft blueprint yet are the special hats, and a representative from valve said the crafting blueprints are coming soon for those. Everything will be available for free. Buying stuff is just for convenience for those who don't want to trade/craft items.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
I am pretty sure the engineer update was $20 when it came out.

It wasn't. Steam updated my client with it for free.

I do remember seeing their ad announcing it having $19.99 on it, which I thought was weird. It sort of implied that the update cost that, rather than TF2 in its entirety.

CupCak3

Golden Member
Nov 11, 2005
No, it was free..and so is this one. Buying items is optional. There are already crafting recipes for most new items..and they are also being given out as random drops. The only ones without a craft blueprint yet are the special hats, and a representative from valve said the crafting blueprints are coming soon for those. Everything will be available for free. Buying stuff is just for convenience for those who don't want to trade/craft items.

Personally I think this is very smart of them. I won't pay for the items but I think the crafting is an interesting new twist.

I've always loved TF2 and I wish other game developers would keep developing new content like Valve.

konakid7

Sep 16, 2010
gohapuna.com
I used to play TF2 a lot, but whenever I try to get back into it its changed so much I can't get used to it. It's good that they keep adding new content, but I wish I could just play a game now and then and have the gameplay be the same.

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
I used to play TF2 a lot, but whenever I try to get back into it its changed so much I can't get used to it. It's good that they keep adding new content, but I wish I could just play a game now and then and have the gameplay be the same.
Embrace change my friend!

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007

Might be modded server that have limits on what can be played. I know if the server is not connected to the steam servers then no one gets access to their backpacks.