Dead Space

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rolodomo

Mar 19, 2004
Playing it with headphones on is borderline too much fo me.

Agreed. At first, I was paralyzed with fear and barely able to move down a hallway. It took me hours to clear out the first zone. As the game progressed, I gradually "got a grip" and started making normal progress. When I started DS2, the same thing happened and I asked myself why did I come back to this mess?

I hope they lighten up on the initial dread and helplessness in DS3. I've played two of these games already. At least me start out the third game with a good suit and some decent firepower.

Last edited:

Northern Lawn

Platinum Member
May 15, 2008
Would anyone suggest a difficulty setting?

I usually play on the hardest for shooters unless the hardest setting is called Nightmare or some crazy crap like that, but if there are aiming issues...

Whirlwind

Nov 4, 2006
Go with this. :) The bad controls make for better atmosphere.

*Obligatory rant* However, I would LOVE for console ports to get the spit and polish they deserve! I swear they are just leaving money on the table! It can't be hard to create a M&KB interface. It's been done to death! The tempates are there, just do it!

However, don't miss it. Especially since you can get DS1 for $5 on sale. If you haven't played it, you're in for a treat!

I once had a copy of the DS featurette and misplaced it. I just noticed it's on Netflix. (At least I think it's the same thing...) Will have to check it out.

In my honest opinion....you never want to have bad controls to create a better atmosphere......there should be much better ways.....consolitis suffers here.

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
I never had a problem with the controls. At all.

Mouse + Keyboard work great, and as usual, far quicker and more accurate than a gamepad. I hate the rationale that bad controls make for a scarier experience. I say this as a lifelong Resident Evil lover as well (although truthfully, I never struggled that much with RE's controls as an 11 year old kid, either).