Dead Space AA on ATi 4850

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005
That is just how the game is. AA support is almost non-existant in Dead Space. Pretty sure it's nothing to do with ATi drivers. How are you Nvidia cards rendering this?

error8

Diamond Member
Nov 28, 2007
And so, once again nRollo finds a weak spot in ATi game rendering. Do the same for your Nvidia cards, so we can conclude if ATi has another issue.

nRollo

Banned
Jan 11, 2002
Originally posted by: lavaheadache
That is just how the game is. AA support is almost non-existant in Dead Space. Pretty sure it's nothing to do with ATi drivers. How are you Nvidia cards rendering this?

I don't know how it is with NVIDIA cards, I don't have one in the box the game is installed on. (and I got the game as a download, so I can't just install it on my other pc, AFAIK)

To test this with a NVIDIA card I would have to:uninstall driver, reboot to safe, use driver sweeper, uninstall card, install nV card, install driver, test, then uninstall driver, reboot to safe, use driver sweeper, uninstall nV card, install ATi card, install drivers. A lot of work, and even if it works on NVIDIA cards people will just say I'm trying to point out something NVIDIA can do and ATi can't.

I don't want to turn this into an ATi vs. NVIDIA issue, am just looking for suggestions on how to get it working on my computer as is.

Phynaz

Lifer
Mar 13, 2006
So, are you saying you found this completely by yourself, or were you "informed" of this in some manner?

lavaheadache

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2005
Originally posted by: nRollo
Originally posted by: lavaheadache

I don't know how it is with NVIDIA cards, I don't have one in the box the game is installed on. (and I got the game as a download, so I can't just install it on my other pc, AFAIK)

To test this with a NVIDIA card I would have to:uninstall driver, reboot to safe, use driver sweeper, uninstall card, install nV card, install driver, test, then uninstall driver, reboot to safe, use driver sweeper, uninstall nV card, install ATi card, install drivers. A lot of work, and even if it works on NVIDIA cards people will just say I'm trying to point out something NVIDIA can do and ATi can't.

I don't want to turn this into an ATi vs. NVIDIA issue, am just looking for suggestions on how to get it working on my computer as is.

Rollo, that does seem like an aweful lot of work just to find out if AA is working. I'm pretty sure it is just the nature of the game whether your card is Nvidia or Ati till EA decides to patch it