dead: sleep innovations queen and king cool gel mattresses

mikeford

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2001
We like ours, sleep like the dead on them, no real issues. Wife thinks she would like more topper of memory foam, ours is I think more like 3.5 inches, but its very hard to guess what level of topper and firmness will work best, its rare what initially seems good stays that way for a month or longer.

Awesomedude99

Dec 1, 2013
ok prices... gold box today for $335 and $460... 12 inch with 2.5 cool gel mem foam... i have the cal king, i like it a lot... there's a long thread on these in this forum...

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link...d_i=B003CT37LA
mattress.png
if it's really 82% off then its a hell of hot deal. i noticed foams are made in USA too. gotta research alittle bit more for mattresses. i'll prolly order one.
thanks for the deal

mikeford

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2001
does it really run hot?

All foam mattresses require a true waterproof barrier between you and the mattress, so all the air flow is from whatever you put between that barrier and yourself. We use a typical fuzzy pad type thing over an zippered cover on the mattress with a normal set of sheets. This means all the heat of your body needs to be dissipated from above, less blankets, arms out, etc.

I like it toasty, my wife often doesn't want anything but the sheets.

OTOH we have two FTU (feline thermal units).

KingFatty

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2010
All foam mattresses require a true waterproof barrier between you and the mattress...

Can you elaborate? I have a queen ben and a king bed that both have memory foam + gel mattresses, but we have been using normal bedsheets and not a waterproof barrier, and it seems fine?

mikeford

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2001
Can you elaborate? I have a queen ben and a king bed that both have memory foam + gel mattresses, but we have been using normal bedsheets and not a waterproof barrier, and it seems fine?

Should be fine for maybe even a few years, but no warranty without a true waterproof barrier.

Foam mattress is like a giant sponge, people shed skin and moisture beyond what you might imagine, eventually the foam fills up deteriorates etc.

google foam mattress cover with optional word warranty.

Six

Feb 29, 2000
Dunno about the rest of you, but mine was a piece of crap due to uneven firmness. If I rolled over during the night where half my body is on a soft spot and the other half is on a hard spot, the mattress has this "pulling" effect such that my back or neck will ache for a couple days. Not wanting to deal with the hassle of returning a large item, I make believe that the mattress just needed time to firm up, so I slept in the guest bed for three weeks. But the first night I went back, I strained my back or something. Couldn't turn in a certain direction without pain. Called Amazon that night. Amazon said to trash it.