[DEAD]Seasonic S12II BRONZE PSU SS-620GB $34.90 after $15 MIR (Prime members only)

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
https://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/05/18/seasonic_m12ii620_power_supply_review/9

The Bottom Line

The Seasonic M12II-620Bronze is a new midrange power supply from Seasonic that has most all of the characteristics we have come to expect from Seasonic. The unit features a large single overhead fan that is quiet, has good efficiency values, a semi-modular design, and enough power and connectors to run the majority of systems that users will be building. In addition to these design aspects the M12II-620Bronze also has very good DC Output Quality and is very well built. On the downside, the older group regulated design shows some weaker 12v regulation and transient load response. However, with a current price of $89.99 it is hard to find very many other units on the market currently that can continuously outperform the M12II-620Bronze at the same price point. The M12II-620Bronze is a solid value. As such, while not a premium unit the M12II-620Bronze is definitely a very capable entry to midrange unit that would do a good job for most builds including single-GPU Fermi systems.

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story5&reid=185 I know this is the 520 model, most likely the 620 would be about equal since they are mostly built on the same line, just probably a tad bit better components with the 620 vs 520.

Comes with a 8pin/4pin 12Volt and two 6 pin pci express... so, it's ready for any new type of build.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Never really cared for Seasonic brand, I had some bad luck with them in the past.

I'm not sure when you last used them, but they are most users/reviewers consider them one of the best (if not the best) PSU manufacturers in the world.

Alpha One Seven

Golden Member
Sep 11, 2017
Tried them several times, and I never trust what some reviewer says over personal experience, so that's a moot point.
They are ok for a budget build though I am sure, it's just that budget is not a priority when I build a system.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Well, heck! I guess I shouldn't be trusting my 850 prime with a budget 1950x and 1080 ti! Damn! Any PSU can fail, that's why they come with a warranty. I only had one PSU fail, and it was corsair unit, tho, I'm not gonna fault them since I know these things can fail and do. But, I'll trust reviews since usually like Johnny, they professionally test the units way better than I could with a craftsman multi-meter and a kill-a-watt ... lol!

Last edited by a moderator:

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Tried them several times, and I never trust what some reviewer says over personal experience, so that's a moot point.
They are ok for a budget build though I am sure, it's just that budget is not a priority when I build a system.

Nothing wrong going with whatever works for you based on your personal experiences, I just have never really seen anybody refer to Seasonic as a budget manufacturer.

Out of curiosity, what PSU brands do you regard as high-end?

Alpha One Seven

Golden Member
Sep 11, 2017
Nothing wrong going with whatever works for you based on your personal experiences, I just have never really seen anybody refer to Seasonic as a budget manufacturer.

Out of curiosity, what PSU brands do you regard as high-end?
"The M12II-620Bronze is a solid value. As such, while not a premium unit the M12II-620Bronze is definitely a very capable entry to midrange unit that would do a good job for most builds including single-GPU Fermi systems."

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-psus,4229.html

I like Corsair myself, but silverstone is ok as well, the high end of the seasonic line is acceptable but you notice the bronze did not even make the list.

$

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
"The M12II-620Bronze is a solid value. As such, while not a premium unit the M12II-620Bronze is definitely a very capable entry to midrange unit that would do a good job for most builds including single-GPU Fermi systems."

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-psus,4229.html

I like Corsair myself, but silverstone is ok as well, the high end of the seasonic line is acceptable but you notice the bronze did not even make the list.

Well, just like here they don't review every PSU (especially the budget products), so I really don't put too much faith in the "best of" articles (including the last PSU one Anandtech did). PSU pricing is one of the more volatile components, so the $/performance changes almost daily (like this PSU for $34.90 right now).

Corsair has some great units no doubt, but they don't manufacturer them at all. In fact, Corsair has used Seasonic to manufacturer PSUs for some of their product lineup. I'm not sure if Silverstone manufacturers their own power supplies as I have never really looked at their products in great detail.