[DEAD] Rage (PC) for $5

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

wuliheron

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2011
So who paid the full 50 for it way back when?

I pre-ordered it. Don't regret it either, but as soon it became clear the driver issues would not be solved in a couple of days I warned people to wait a few weeks and see if the price dropped. As best I can figure out Rage was the perfect storm for id with so many different things coming together to screw things up it's amazing id survived. Any one or two things would have been a problem, but all together they were a catastrophe.

It's pretty clear though that Bethesda has since told them to put everything else on the back burner and focus on making Doom 4 a smash hit. It's make or break time, but I think they have a great chance of producing another smash hit. Most people don't realize it but Doom 3 was their best seller.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Solved it last time and...besides the low quality textures, the short game play, and the "ending", it was worth it for $5.
I would have been really PO'ed if I payed $10-50 for this though.
Speaking of the ending...
What is up with that ? No boss battle, just a bunch of grunts. Then to top it all off, once you do it, all you basically see if a little movie, and then credits that you can't abort. Talk about a let down!
Sad thing is, the game had really great potential to be good, instead, it is just mediocre at best.