<Dead> Poweramp android music player $1.49

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
One of the top paid music players in the Google Play Store 10 years running— features like gapless play, an unmatched equalization system, great crossfade, and support for most popular music file format might all make Poweramp the best $4.99 $1.49 you have ever spent in your life—4+ million users would agree to that.

*The deal is dead.

Last edited:
Reactions: gradoman

mikeford

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2001
How long does the offer last? As in if I do the 15 day trial, would the offer be available at the end?

I have thousands of music files on my NAS, I don't want any of them imported to a library to play, does that work?

Buck and a half is nothing, but so far I have resisted setting up CC with googleplay, so that is the main hump for me.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
How long does the offer last? As in if I do the 15 day trial, would the offer be available at the end?

I have thousands of music files on my NAS, I don't want any of them imported to a library to play, does that work?

Buck and a half is nothing, but so far I have resisted setting up CC with googleplay, so that is the main hump for me.

you can always buy a gift card.

I setup foobar on one of my VMs as a DLNA server. So I can stream at home. I could set it up to steam from everywhere but I have no need of that.

balloonshark

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
I have no idea how long the deal lasts. I tried searching the topic on slickdeals with no luck.

The deal does come around every year though or perhaps a couple times a year.

gibster

Jan 18, 2002
I picked it up too. I used to use the free Pulsar player forever, but I liked the look and level of customizability of poweramp when I tried it... There were some really negative recent reviews of poweramp, so far I have not seen these issues myself...

mikeford

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2001
My only concern was that it apparently wants all your music in its library, but keeps from buying is that I'm just not ready to fully configure my playback options, with lots more back end work before front end stuff.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
My only concern was that it apparently wants all your music in its library, but keeps from buying is that I'm just not ready to fully configure my playback options, with lots more back end work before front end stuff.
I imagine it needs to index the music so it can fetch the metadata and artwork.

Last edited:

mikeford

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2001
My main music folder, 2TB and 147,000 files, plus still consolidating music from 3 other folders. Adding that to a library is nuts.

mikeford

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2001
Imagine indexing 147,000 files on your phone over wifi, even just the checking for updates would be killer.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Imagine indexing 147,000 files on your phone over wifi, even just the checking for updates would be killer.

Just setup a DLNA server somewhere on your network? I never bothered to add my music to my plex just because I dislike how plex adds at least a dozen metadata files per media file. It's fine for movies, but for music it is insane.

Last edited: