Dead People Receive Ballots in NH Primary

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 25, 2011
I do have one question on this. Was it ever determined if the poll worker who recognized the name of the deceased individual actually reported it?

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Tell you what. You find me any election, state or federal, where five or more documented incidents of in person voter fraud has occurred that would have been prevented by photo ID and I'll fully support it.

The funny thing is absentee ballots offer a far greater risk (and, along with ineligible voters, account for basically all voter fraud) but why isn't the GOP championing only in person voting? Or anything at all to address that? Would have a far greater impact.

You would never hear that argument made though for many obvious reasons.

I'd also support ways to make absentee voting far more difficult and much harder to commit voting fraud.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
This.

Then pretty much the question becomes would you rather have a vote free of fraud which guarantees the right person won, even if your guy lost. Or would your rather have a vote, ripe with fraud which guarantees nothing, even if your guy did win and may have not according to a fraud free vote.

Edit: I'm for the will of the people and you can't guarantee that unless the people are the ones doing the voting.

Except that actual evidence of voter fraud is vanishingly small, even when wingnut activists are the ones doing it.

The Repub crusade for voter ID has little to no demonstrable basis in fact, but merely in their imaginations. It's a ploy, a beard for disenfranchisement.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Except that actual evidence of voter fraud is vanishingly small, even when wingnut activists are the ones doing it.
The Repub crusade for voter ID has little to no demonstrable basis in fact, but merely in their imaginations. It's a ploy, a beard for disenfranchisement.
I'm willing to credit our forum compatriots sufficient gullibility to believe that there are millions of undetected fraudulent voters in every election.

Their Republican leaders assure them the elections are being stolen, why would they bother to ask for evidence?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I'd also support ways to make absentee voting far more difficult and much harder to commit voting fraud.

Oregon votes entirely by mail, and examples of fraud are nearly non-existent. Their voter participation is also excellent, which is what Righties desperately want to avoid.

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000
Yeah, and it might even prevent 2 actual fraudulent votes from being cast, while effectively disenfranchising at least 20,000 voters, most of whom will vote dem. It's a win-win for the GOP.
So, ~10,000 people had enough ID info to be able to sign up for a draft in the future, but don't have enough ID info to get an ID card? Or, do these states that the issue comes up in not have IDs for non-drivers?

If they don't have IDs for non-drivers, why not? If they do, then why is discrinimating against laziness a bad thing?

A better mouse trap yeilds better mice, but I still don't get why needing an ID is such an issue.

Cerb

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2000
I believe you missed it.
He missed something that wasn't there? :confused:

Multiple choice test:

A) soundforbjt: He doesn't deserve freedom of movement.
B) hal2kilo: That scumbag doesn't even deserve to be in control of his own body.
C) soundforbjt: Now that you mention it, I agree with you. He is that level of scum.
D) dawp: :thumbsup: A, B, and C
E) monovillage: You lefty liberals are bashing gays.

Which statement does not belong with the others? Rape/submission is being used in a fairly correct context, that of power and control. Harsh words, to be sure, but there is nothing about homosexuality in A, B, C, or D.

SparkyJJO

Lifer
May 16, 2002
This couldn't happen (at least not nearly so easily) if you were required to show valid state ID.

Oh, I'm sorry, that is somehow "voter suppression" :rolleyes: Which is BS.