[DEAD] Newegg: Warm? Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, $88.99 w/ promo code

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, $88.99 w/ promo code (EMCRFRD35) and FS

I have trouble thinking of this as a price worth writing home about, but I guess in the context of current SSD pricing it is worth noting...<sigh> The $21 discount takes it down to 96¢ below Newegg's current regular price for the 120GB version, so I guess if anyone was thinking about buying that at or near that price, it'd be worth grabbing this one while the grabbing's good... The promo code's good through Monday.

Reactions: PliotronX

daveybrat

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jan 31, 2000
As sad as it is, this is actually a good deal. I just picked up a 500GB EVO from Newegg via Ebay recently for $133.99. Sad when these prices have become 'Hot'.

Reactions: PliotronX

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
As sad as it is, this is actually a good deal. I just picked up a 500GB EVO from Newegg via Ebay recently for $133.99. Sad when these prices have become 'Hot'.
Yep, "warm" seems to be the "new hot" at least as far as SSDs are concerned. :( Reminds me of the nonsense with mechanical hard drive prices after the floods in Thailand... <Yet Another Sigh> There isn't much to motivate manufacturer's to speed things up and, given the number of non-enthusiasts who're still just switching from HDs (and so seem to be far too easily easily impressed by even current QPR), there probably isn't a lot motivating even retailers (to even try) to pressure manufacturers to get more, cheaper NAND and therefore SSDs on the market...

dajeepster

Golden Member
Apr 15, 2001
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD, $88.99 w/ promo code (EMCRFRD35) and FS

I have trouble thinking of this as a price worth writing home about, but I guess in the context of current SSD pricing it is worth noting...<sigh> The $21 discount takes it down to 96¢ below Newegg's current regular price for the 120GB version, so I guess if anyone was thinking about buying that at or near that price, it'd be worth grabbing this one while the grabbing's good... The promo code's good through Monday.

I paid $93 for one from microcenter back at the beginning of january

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
I paid $93 for one from microcenter back at the beginning of january
Also on sale? Or has their "regular" price just gone up since then? (Prices "not dropping" is bad enough, but if it actually increased $16-$17, that would be really ridiculous...)

Last edited:

dajeepster

Golden Member
Apr 15, 2001
Also on sale? Or has their "regular" price just gone up since then? (Prices "not dropping" is bad enough, but if it actually increased $16-$17, that would be really ridiculous...)
it might have been on sale. i needed a larger drive for a system build and it seemed like i was always running out of room of one sort or another on the couple 64gb drives i have... in my defense, they were ms window systems.

I'm always having to delete something off my main system so i can mess with something else and it was a 256gb pcie ssd drive