Dead Island $10 Free Shipping from NewEgg

Ricochet

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
Good price, but at the rate I'm going through my library of games I'm better off waiting until it's $5.

marmasatt

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
Yeah, it's been in and out. You kind of have to monitor it. I've seen it out 2 prior occasions I've looked in 3 days. And I could order one right now 8:30am Eastern time this morning again.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Can I just get the cd key from my newegg account and enter it into steam?

Or do I have to wait on the disk?

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Bought dead island last night.

I guess I have gotten spoiled in this digital age, but I do not want to wait for the disk to arrive.

Miklebud

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2002
Can I just get the cd key from my newegg account and enter it into steam?

Or do I have to wait on the disk?

They're shipping me a disc. Then I'll use the included CD-Key to activate and download it on Steam. I haven't received it yet, but I'm assuming that's how it will work.

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
You know, they wonder why their games get copied and so forth. Here I buy a LEGIT copy of the game, was sooooooo excited to finally be able to afford it, to only be told it wont install because the key I used is already being used on another steam account. What a flaming bag of dog dung bull shite is this? Because someone else hacked their game and used MY key that came with MY game I have to suffer and not get to play it and jump through a piss hole of hoops to get it to work. I dont want to have to make a steam support name. I dont want to have to take a picture PROVING I have the right key that came with MY game. All I wanted to do tonight is install the sucker, punch in my key, and kill some zombies, but nooooooooooo, Im screwed here holding my junk and taking it up the ass with no lube.

Others beware, this could happen to you, and your fun night when you get your game can end in a pile of let down and hours of proving you own the game, you own the correct cd key, and deal with steams tech support. Hate to think how long this is going to take me to get to play my game I paid for. Should of been smart and just got a copy of it and not have to deal with all this crap. And again they wonder why games get copied for the honest people are the ones getting punished.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Got my copy of dead island in today, and got a "Duplicate product code" error when I entered the cd key into steam.

Tried calling deep silver tech support, got disconnected after being on hold for 20 minutes..

Opened a support ticket with steam.

Even if the game was free it would not be worth the level of aggravation I feel right now.

funboy6942

Lifer
Nov 13, 2001
Got my copy of dead island in today, and got a "Duplicate product code" error when I entered the cd key into steam.

Tried calling deep silver tech support, got disconnected after being on hold for 20 minutes..

Opened a support ticket with steam.

Even if the game was free it would not be worth the level of aggravation I feel right now.

Exactly! I had to open a support ticket. Had to tell them whats up, attached a pic showing the case, disc and key and they came back making write some code above the key and a picture of my invoice to prove even more that I own this game out right. Which means I wont be able to play it for a couple of days, or maybe never if I didnt jump through their hoops correctly and they still think I dont own it. Its all up to them to decide if I can play it or not. I even contacted newegg last night as well trying to return it for a different copy and was turned down and had to open a ticket with them and someone was to call me today. Well here it is 6:35pm cst and guess what, no call today from newegg.

daveb101

Feb 18, 2011
I just got my copy but it had a duplicate key on steam so it wouldn't activate- newegg refunded the price.

Miklebud

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2002
Hmmm, my copy had no problems activating in Steam. Bummer for you guys! But, I'm not too thrilled with this game, but for $10, it's not a huge loss.