(DEAD)IPODs! 5GB-$254 10GB-$339 20GB-$424

ai42

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2001
All of these are NEWest versions with the windows, touchpad wheel, and remote.

All at Dell Small Business S&P, should be free shipping anywhere as well (tax applies in some states).

Could be made hotter if you have any unique % off coupons (but I don't think there are any out right now).

Dell Part #'s
5GB--- A0070363 / A0066804
$254
10GB-- A0066805
$339
20GB-- A0066806
$424

Expires 11/17

BTW I saw Ipods over at Target the other day, may be a decent clearance item down the road. In fact it is a nice change to see other people other than Apple and Apple distrubiters selling these as there is not such strict price controls!

Simmer down now boys and girls, no coupons allowed on AT forums, so don't ask for them.

DogFromDuckhunt

Dec 15, 2001
Target is only carrying the 10GB flavor (and that's all they're slated to carry afaik).

I *just* bought the 20GB version though a friend that lives and goes to school in NYC. He got me the 20GB version for $400 (school discount) ... just slightly better than this hot deal.

DogFromDuckhunt

Dec 15, 2001
I've got well over 100 CD's and a few gigs of random mp3's ... plus I plan for this player to last me a loooooooooong time down the road for my future purchases.

Not to mention it's also a portable HD. Makes for easy file transfer between computers.

austonia

Nov 16, 1999
Originally posted by: Desslok
WOW 20 Gigs?? Does anyone really have that many MP3's?

hahah.... well i have about 80 gigs myself and I have known people with over 200 gigs of mp3s. i was busy back when napster was still open. and lan partys are helpful too :)

this is the best deal on ipod's I've seen. However, also consider the 20gb Nomad Zen at amazon.com for $250 (!) after rebate. I have a Zen and it's a little bigger but very feature-rich and a much better value. the main appeal of the ipod its smaller size and bigger screen. i may have to own both haha..

anyone know any dell coupons..?

kiranv

Oct 9, 1999
I just noticed at the end of the URL for each Ipod the term "refurbished=" Interesting...

profbobo

Feb 2, 2001
Originally posted by: DogFromDuckhunt
Target is only carrying the 10GB flavor (and that's all they're slated to carry afaik).

I *just* bought the 20GB version though a friend that lives and goes to school in NYC. He got me the 20GB version for $400 (school discount) ... just slightly better than this hot deal.

400 bucks is a lot cheaper than the standard education discount ... apple.com has them listed at 269, 369, 469, respectively, after the discounts. How'd you score one for 400?

Doh!

Platinum Member
Jan 21, 2000
You've already said "standard" education discount. Bigger customers (usually big schools) get much deeper discounts than the others. As far as I know, U of Illinois (Urbana/Champaign) & U of Texas (Austin) are two of the largest school customers for Apple. But the size of the institution is not always indicative of the discount amount.

dethman

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: austonia
Originally posted by: Dacalo
Originally posted by: austonia
Originally posted by: Desslok

anyone know any dell coupons..?

careful...

good thing we have jerk-offs like this to babysit everyone

sounds like you're about the age to need a babysitter.
rolleye.gif

DogFromDuckhunt

Dec 15, 2001
Originally posted by: profbobo
Originally posted by: DogFromDuckhunt

400 bucks is a lot cheaper than the standard education discount ... apple.com has them listed at 269, 369, 469, respectively, after the discounts. How'd you score one for 400?

It wasn't the standard education discount ... I dunno. I work at Target in electronics and when I found out we were only carrying the 10GB flavors I started talking to him. He said "We have them all for $100 off retail price." so I had him pick me one up. It's not refurbished, and yes it's this years model... He goes to an art-type school if that has anything to do with it. The majority of the school is Mac's, they only have a couple labs of PC's. I'm guessing it's some deal they have with Apple...

profbobo

Feb 2, 2001
Interesting ... thanks for the info; I didn't realize that Apple gave different discounts to different schools. My friend and I both considered iPods with the education discount, and both got the same result, even though we go to different sized colleges. That's why I was wondering :)

Tot

Jan 24, 2000
Good deal. I am almost too late. Thanks for the heads up, tax makes it a little too high. Still waiting for some major combo coupons before I plunge.

wuhoo

Jan 14, 2002
Originally posted by: kiranv
I just noticed at the end of the URL for each Ipod the term "refurbished=" Interesting...

that means nothing -- it has been established seevral times in the past. it is only part of the url as most likely a indicator variable