[DEAD]i7-8700k $379.99 B&H Photo

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
(Dead at Amazon)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07598VZR8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

I had to add this to my cart since Amazon doesn't have any in stock. I don't think it added anything specific to the link, but otherwise just go to Amazon, search for the 8700k, and then select Amazon as the seller.

In stock for $379.99 at B&H Photo:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1356634-REG/intel_bx80684i78700k_core_i7_8700k_3_7_ghz.html

EDIT:

I noticed Newegg lowered their price to $404.99, so if you pay sales tax at Amazon, the price comes out to be about the same.

I personally find it amusing that when Coffee Lake launched, the i5-8400 was one of the only CPUs that didn't immediately sell out. In fact, you could find it almost anywhere for several weeks. But then PC Gamer named it the "CPU of the Year", and now you can't find it, but now you can find the "k" processors in stock at most places.

Last edited:

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
Enjoy whoever gets one!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07598VZR8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

I had to add this to my cart since Amazon doesn't have any in stock. I don't think it added anything specific to the link
Leaving aside intentional referral tags, I don't think any of the additional references in the URL make any practical difference, but fwiw, you can shorten any Amazon product page URL back to the ASIN itself (with or without the following forward slash) and it'll still get you to the right place...

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Leaving aside intentional referral tags, I don't think any of the additional references in the URL make any practical difference, but fwiw, you can shorten any Amazon product page URL back to the ASIN itself (with or without the following forward slash) and it'll still get you to the right place...

Thanks. It didn't seem to look odd to me, but I wanted anybody else who isn't familiar with referral links to think I included one, as it looks slightly different from a "typical" Amazon link I put into most of my hot deals threads I post here. But usually the items are in stock, so it threw me off a little bit.

legcramp

Golden Member
May 31, 2005
Enjoy whoever gets one!

I had to add this to my cart since Amazon doesn't have any in stock. I don't think it added anything specific to the link, but otherwise just go to Amazon, search for the 8700k, and then select Amazon as the seller.

EDIT:

I noticed Newegg lowered their price to $404.99, so if you pay sales tax at Amazon, the price comes out to be about the same.

I personally find it amusing that when Coffee Lake launched, the i5-8400 was one of the only CPUs that didn't immediately sell out. In fact, you could find it almost anywhere for several weeks. But then PC Gamer named it the "CPU of the Year", and now you can't find it, but now you can find the "k" processors in stock at most places.

The 8400 started selling out a week after coffee lake launched. One of my co-workers needed to pre-order it around that time when I recommended he get the 8400, this was well before PC Gamer did their article XD

BenJeremy

Oct 31, 2004
Personally, I'm avoiding intel in the future, due to their VROC scam. I just spent way too many hours yesterday trying to get my BIL's Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7 working with a Samsung 960 Pro NVME RAID array - using an actual VROC key (VROCSTANMOD). Apparently, Intel lied about supporting non-intel storage for bootable RAID. It makes me angry to think about all the wasted time, money and effort my brother-in-law and myself have poured into this (I warned him not to put good money after bad when we first went through this last July).

Part of it is certainly Gigabyte's fault, but Intel is the main culprit here. Moving forward from Sky Lake on, they are hobbling the storage options to force people to buy Optane-branded products. My trust in Intel has dropped to absolute zero, and I say that as an unabashed Intel fanboy for the past 15 years. AMD offered their high-bandwidth RAID for free on ThreadRipper, and while their latest chips haven't quite caught Intel yet, they've still gone way beyond Intel in price/performance. At least AMD doesn't blatantly lie to customers about features and capabilities.