*DEAD* HOT!!! Motorola V60i for AT&T TDMA - make $200 AR @ BB - LAST DAY (11/2)!!! YMMV by location

toade

Oct 14, 2002
This is my first New Topic post, so go easy.

Best Buy (in-store only) has the V60i on sale for $149.99 with both a $150 rebate (#29433) and a $200 rebate (#28741), November 2nd is the last day to get the rebates. I know the ad only mentions one rebate, but when you go to check out, two print out. The deal is very similar to the SE T68i deal posted here two weeks ago in that although it says New Service is required, there is a way around it (see below).

Not all Best Buys will let you buy a phone without activating it in the store, but many will. Three out of four BBs in the NYC area will (Long Island City wont).

If you are already an existing customer, or do not want to sign up for service but still want to get the phone and the rebates, then: when paying for the phone, at the register, the salesperson will ask you if you are a new or existing customer. You MUST say you are a New Customer (If you say existing the rebates wont even print out). By doing so the proper rebate forms will print out, along with the proper SKU numbers on the rebate receipts. In order to get the rebate, your receipt must show the SKU for the phone(4822455), as well as the SKU for "AT&T New Customer" (4101448). Both rebates require both SKUs. I called the CSR for the rebates and he specifically told me that when you send in the rebates they look for the form, the copy of the UPC, the receipt, and the two SKUs... that is it. He said they have no way of looking up whether you are signed up for a plan, or for how long, as long as the SKUs match up with what the form asks for, then you will get your rebates.

I am not sure if both rebates print out for the V60t, as no BBs in my area still carry that phone, but there is a good chance. Both rebate forms say:

Brand: Motorola
Model: V60
SKU: 4822455
Brand: AT&T
Model: New Activation
SKU: 4101448

No mention of a T or an I although SKU 4822455 is the V60i.
Limit of one rebate per household or address.
I can't think of anything else that you need, but if you have any quetions feel free to ask.

Update:
Looks like this deal varies by location. I can only confirm that it works in the NYC area. You may want to check your BB ad. If the ad states $149.99 with a $150 rebate, then I think you have a better chance getting this deal.

taurean

Apr 24, 2002
Starting 11/3 best buy is giving $50 gift cards for cellphone purchases between 50 and 150 dollars, so you might be able to get in on that too if you buy it now.

toade

Oct 14, 2002
Possibly, although I think the price will go back up to $200 tomorrow.

It seems this is definitely dependant on your area. If your BB ad does not have the V60i listed as FREE AFTER REBATE, then this will not work in your area!!! Illinois, Atlanta and the Bay Area definitely DO NOT have the phone in their ad, and people are striking out at the store.

I'm interested to hear if people in Southern California can get this deal. The phone shows up as free in your ad so I have a feeling you can get both rebates if you purchase the phone as a new customer.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
I went to BB today (south bay area) and they have this phone for $200 - 150 MIR till 11/09
Are there still other rebates? Also, I get discount from my employer on ATT plans and equipment. Could BB honor those or have to buy from ATT directly. I know ATT will give discount for the plan, but not sure about equpment from BB.

toade

Oct 14, 2002
The previous deal is dead (i.e., the $200 and $150 rebate). BB wont honor your employers discount on the phones.