Halo 2, the PC version for $25 at Gogamer.com

Link

They also have Shadowrun for $10

Link

Maybe a warm deal for some

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
I didn't enjoy the game that much. Horrible shimmering effects on my 8400GS and I didn't realise how much I played the console version just for the COOP. Single player honestly was no fun to me.

SoulAssassin

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2001
I was amazed at how crappy the performance was on a decent machine....how does it run smoothly on a p3/733 yet run like crap on a dual core?

I4AT

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2006
Originally posted by: AmberClad
The Diamondback 3G for $32.49 shipped is a really sweet deal too.

I know someone who just ordered one of these from buy.com for $30 and some change using GCO. I'm sure he would've spent the extra couple of bucks to get it from GoGamer and save the GCO discount for another time, pretty nice deal.

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: BudAshes
is the multiplayer any good?

It's the same multiplayer experience with a catch. Anyone using a gamepad got aim assist. Which means those playing with Microsoft's X360 gamepad on their computer had an edge as the computer would help them aim. Not so with the keyboard and mouse.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Originally posted by: Slick5150
Does this still only work on Vista, or is there a way around that?

None official. This *requires* Vista.

It is a shame really. On the bright side, when people finally do downgrade to Vista in a few years, you will find these games for $10 or less.

legoman666

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2003
Originally posted by: Elixer

It is a shame really. On the bright side, when people finally do downgrade to Vista in a few years, you will find these games for $10 or less.

A hack was released about 3 days after the game was released that allowed the game to be installed and run on XP.

That said, this is a terrible port. no co-op and they did almost nothing to improve the graphics. The textures used may have looked fine on an xbox at 640x480 on a TV from 10' away, but they sure look like ass on a monitor 12" away at 1680x1050.

thecoolnessrune

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: legoman666
Originally posted by: Elixer

A hack was released about 3 days after the game was released that allowed the game to be installed and run on XP.

That said, this is a terrible port. no co-op and they did almost nothing to improve the graphics. The textures used may have looked fine on an xbox at 640x480 on a TV from 10' away, but they sure look like ass on a monitor 12" away at 1680x1050.

The graphics were redone for the PC port.. so that's not the reason. X Play showed that in the review and the graphics were much improved. However it shimmers horribly on 8 series cards and the lack of Coop was a killer for me since that's really all I play. (CoD, Delta Force Series, Joint Operations, Serious Sam series).