[DEAD] great deal on OLOy "warhawk" RGB 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM ~$117 @ Newegg

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I've seen their RAM more and more on Newegg, but I honestly don't know anything about them as a brand. Judging their current offerings, it seems they are very much after the MOAR!!! bling / RGB RAM segments.

Maybe they've only been in Asian markets before, and are just now entering the North American market? Not really sure, but I guess sometimes you just got to say YOLO (OLOy backwards). :p

Edit: It does look like they were only in Asian markets before, so that's why I've never seen much from them before hitting Newegg. Apparently, they formed in 2012 in Hong Kong: https://www.chunwell-tek.com/about_us.html

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I wonder if these work for Ryzen 3000-series CPUs? I imagine that they would. (If I hadn't just dropped $160 on some items last night on Newegg's open-box sale with 50% coupons, I would get a set of these to test.)

That said, I have purchased some of the lower-spec non-RGB OLOy RAM, DDR4-2400/2667 (one of them, at least), and they ran and even overclocked on some of my Ryzen rigs, to the next speed bump up. But then again, that's slower RAM.

Given that the Ryzen 3000-series CPUs seem to have great RAM compatibility, I would be willing to take a risk to try these, if I had the money. (Hint, check my FS thread.)

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
I wonder if these work for Ryzen 3000-series CPUs? I imagine that they would. (If I hadn't just dropped $160 on some items last night on Newegg's open-box sale with 50% coupons, I would get a set of these to test.)

I'm not sure to be honest. When I was trying to find out more info on them, they just state these are Intel XMP 2.0 compliant, but mention nothing about AMD.

However, it seems like this is one of the very few things Newegg lets someone return for a refund anymore (I noticed most motherboards are now under the "replacement only" policy). So if it doesn't work well in an AMD motherboard, at least the person can get their money back and order something else.

It really is a solid price for the kit.