The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003
I have 470 gtx that i was looking to replace. It showed no sign of dying until this morning. Apparently there is no video output. I have tried 3 monitors and 2 dvi cables. I reset the cmos but it didn't help. It did seem that the computer booted up fine before I reset the cmos. The keyboard lights work fine (num and caps). And the 360 controller synced (indicating i think that windows booted). Now the bios is having trouble finding a boot drive according to the motherboard troubleshoot lights.

I have a p67 mobo without built in graphics. None of the computers in my house (or nearby shops) are big enough to fit a 470. Now how do i know whats not working?

jordanl17

Apr 22, 2007
find another pcie card to test graphics with, it sounds like it's either you card is bad, or the motheroboard isn't providing power to the card.

reseat the vid card, pull power plug from PC.. etc...

tweakboy

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2010
www.hammiestudios.com
Do what the above says, also go to your BIOS and choose hard drives boot order, and change it to OS drive.

Also might as well take it out and blow off all the dust with machine or mouth. Also the fan is spinning on the card right ?

After all this you dont get a POST and cant boot into windows. Then RMA time buy a temporary card from Frys or micro center. gl

The Green Bean

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2003
It was one of the RAM stick. I removed it and it booted fine. Now it works fine with it installed as well. Might be dying.