Dead Dell Inspiron 600m. DC Power Jack and Thoughts.

mingsoup

Golden Member
May 17, 2006
Okay, I have a Dell Inspiron 600m that won't turn on. In fact, when I plug in the AC adapter (I've tried 2 identical ones) they shut off...meaning the green LED on the adapter itself goes off. This indicated something bad w/ the mobo at least some people think.

So I take the mobo completely out.....nothing but the barest piece of board. This has removed all variables besides the main motheboard. I plug in the DC plug and the AC adaptor light goes out, still.
I have read that some people think that the DC plug is bad. Your thoughts? If anything else is bad....it'd be hard to repair I'd think.

However my ulimate question. Where can I find one of these.....but from a parts vendor and not from ebay. Isn't there a way to buy these DC jacks but not 4th hand like on ebay?

Laptop-Dc-Power-Jack-Pj030.jpg

I've tried searching Mouser and DigiKey by part number but haven't seen anything quite like it. I've also tried looking under DC power jacks, but this one is odd as its a double barrel type of receptacle....I don't know what you call that.

Ideas? Think I'm correct in the jack? Its either that...or the half inch of dog hair covering parts of the mobo, I gotta find a can of compressed air, or something else.

Last edited: