[DEAD]Chase Freedom 300$ back after spending 500$

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Imported

Lifer
Sep 2, 2000
Anyone still seeing the $300 back? I only see the $100 back now.. was going to apply today. :(

Hulk

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Not sure if I stated this earlier but 5% cashback is this quarter just started yesterday.

I'm confused I thought the current promotion ran from Jan 1 through March 31 and that is for gas stations and Amazon.com?

JBT

Lifer
Nov 28, 2001
Not sure if I stated this earlier but 5% cashback is this quarter just started yesterday.

I show Amazon, and Gas is 1/1/2012 through 3/31/2012.

We can sign up for next quarter on 3/15 which is Gas and Movie theaters.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I show Amazon, and Gas is 1/1/2012 through 3/31/2012.

We can sign up for next quarter on 3/15 which is Gas and Movie theaters.

Yep, that's what I'm seeing as well. Incidentally, what a useless category "movie theaters" is for getting the 5% back. I mean, how much does someone spend at movie theaters per month? If you really like movies, $50 maybe? That gives you a whopping $2.50 back. Wonderful. And that's best case scenario. Most people probably spend less than that, so they'll get even less benefit.

At least the gas one is useful. I use the Chase card to get gas, then use my amex blue preferred to get better rewards on everything else.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
got my card. we have 3 months from when the account is opened to spend he $500, correct?

Yes, that's correct.

Make sure to activate your 5% cash back before your gas/amazon purchases, for the 5% cash back on gas through the end of this month and for amazon purchases.

https://creditcards.chase.com/freedom/Activate.aspx

Check the link on the 2012 calendar to see when you need to start activation for the next 3 month discounts. I think it starts on match 15th.

Last edited:

Ronstang

Lifer
Jul 8, 2000
Thanks for the heads up on this deal. I have been looking to get a credit card lately and this one is the best deal I have seen. I got instant approval last Saturday and got my card yesterday. I have already charged $200 since I put off purchases last weekend because of this deal.

Thanks.

Psynaut

Jan 6, 2008
Yes, that's correct.

Make sure to activate your 5% cash back before your gas/amazon purchases, for the 5% cash back on gas through the end of this month and for amazon purchases.

https://creditcards.chase.com/freedom/Activate.aspx

Check the link on the 2012 calendar to see when you need to start activation for the next 3 month discounts. I think it starts on match 15th.

I was told by a Chase Branch Manager that the rewards are retroactive to all purchases made back to the first day of the quarter as long as you enroll for the 5% at some time during the three month period.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Just got my money deposited into my account. Points became active shortly after I paid $500 of the balance. The remaining balance will be paid off before the due date, so no interest. Plus, if I recall purchases have a 0% interest for a limited time.

Also, got another Chase deal - Chase Ink (business credit card). $400 cash back after one purchase with no minimum purchase required.

chronochime

Feb 29, 2012
Just got my money deposited into my account. Points became active shortly after I paid $500 of the balance. The remaining balance will be paid off before the due date, so no interest. Plus, if I recall purchases have a 0% interest for a limited time.

Also, got another Chase deal - Chase Ink (business credit card). $400 cash back after one purchase with no minimum purchase required.

Is that Chase Ink eligible to none business owners? Got a link? To confirm a person with the freedom card can still apply for that Ink card and get the promo right?

ussfletcher

Platinum Member
Apr 16, 2005
I got my 30,000 bonus points today. Cashed out as a check for $309.42. Free money, woohoo.
Nice, I'm planning on buying a TV pretty soon. In essence this will make 30% off. I'm not sure what kind of credit they were looking for, but I am a student and I got one (with a low limit). I do have some established credit however.

Tsaar

Apr 15, 2010
I really want to thank you guys. Since I signed both my wife and I up seperately I banked $600 from this. Also, bought ~1500 (3000 total) in gift cards from Amazon on BOTH cards to get another $150 back.

Oct 9, 1999
I really want to thank you guys. Since I signed both my wife and I up seperately I banked $600 from this. Also, bought ~1500 (3000 total) in gift cards from Amazon on BOTH cards to get another $150 back.

could one not buy a gift card every so often and do this(get 150 back)?

Tsaar

Apr 15, 2010
could one not buy a gift card every so often and do this(get 150 back)?

I didn't get the card until the end of the quarter, so I had to make a move fast to get the 5% back at Amazon.

I spend $1000s every year at Amazon anyway, so no big deal to purchase all of the gift cards to maximize the $1500 limit on each card. Between my new 55" TV, ACD Monitor, and Samsung 830 SSD...I have already spent it anyway lol.

zanemoseley

Feb 27, 2011
I just got a $330 credit to my card ($300 plus $30 cash back on gas ect...). My wife's card has been used less but should be due for a $300 credit soon.

Got both accounts set up on autopay so I'll never forget to pay on time. I find myself using it a lot as small stores and golf courses that don't accept AMEX, usually I would have used my Visa debit card but now I can earn cash back everywhere.