[DEAD] Amazon: WEN 2305 Rotary Tool Kit with Flex Shaft, $17.20

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
WEN 2305 Rotary Tool Kit with Flex Shaft, $17.20

Who knows how long this price will last, but it's been low-ish and trending lower for a few days... I won't call it a "hot" deal, since it's never very expensive and the price seesaws regularly, but it was up in the mid $20s for an unusually long time, so I finally decided to pull the trigger at $17.20 rather than waiting for it to go back down to its historical low, which iirc is another dollar or two cheaper. The tool by itself is always cheaper and its price doesn't jump around quite as much, but it doesn't come with a case. On the whole, the reviews of the tool itself are pretty good for the price, and probably for occasional light-to-medium duty use. The flex shaft on the other hand has bad-to-terrible reviews overall (ditto the bits/accessories), but at this price, I thought it was was worth buying the "kit" just for the case. For what it's worth, comments are mixed as to whether Dremel's flex shaft fits - it seems pretty definite that at first glance it does not fit, but it's not entirely clear whether it might with a little futzing/jerry-rigging.)

Last edited:
Reactions: PliotronX

Mike64

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2011
No, the dremel flex shaft does not fit. The collars that hold them onto the rotary tool are different
OK. I know most of the "answered questions"and reviews say no, but I thought I'd remembered reading one from someone who went into some detail as to how he'd managed to make it fit. But I could well be mis-remembering that altogether, or may have misunderstood what I was only skimming at the time...

Last edited:

dodger2020

Mar 6, 2009
OK. I know most of the "answered questions"and reviews say no, but I thought I'd remembered reading one from someone who went into some detail as to how he'd managed to make it fit. But I could well be mis-remembering that altogether, or may have misunderstood what I was only skimming at the time...

The only way I know of is to have an adapter made. Last year I remember reading about one company (or guy maybe) that made a sleeve that went around the neck of the Wen tool and then the collar of the dremel flex shaft screwed onto that. But without an adapter I don't see how it could possibly work.

PliotronX

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 1999
These things are great, I got the one with the wen specific shaft and have only used it for modding ABS plastic at low RPM but its quiet and I don't need hearing protection at low speed. The switch and speed selector are definitely of typical Chinese knockoff quality but it doesn't affect operation. Highly recommended!