DEAD $80 Shipped X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series Sound Card

chizow

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2001
Its a pretty good price on the card, a few things of note:

1) There's a new PCI-E X-Fi Titanium that does DDLive/DTS Interactive similar to the Auzen Prelude 7.1. Main difference is this card is PCI-E but it does NOT have HDMI out.

2) Auzentech has just released an X-FI PCI-E HDMI 1.3 card that will be able to decode/pass uncompressed DTS-MA/TrueHD and 8ch LPCM over HDMI. The only other card able to do this is the new Xonar DX 1.3. Both will cost you $200+.

3) Creative has said they will release drivers enabling DDLive/DTS Interactive for older/existing X-Fi cards sometime in July.

Along with the prospect of an X-Fi 2 (PCI-E with HDMI uncompressed support most likely), it seems like its a bit of a transitional period for sound cards. Personally I would wait if you're in the market or if you have an X-Fi or whatever else already, I'd evaluate whether or not you need the added features (PCI-E, HDMI, DDLive encoding etc) in your set-up.

gigahertz20

Golden Member
Apr 30, 2007
I was reading in some of the Newegg reviews, that there is no way to connect your cases front audio connectors (Mice in and headphone in, the green and pink ports on the front) to this sound card. You have to buy their proprietary front panel connector in order to do so, that sucks. I guess it's not a big deal if you don't frequently plug in your mic and headphone, but I do.

havoti97

Nov 13, 2005
Actually you can create your own adapter with a few parts from Ratshack. The pin outs are well known and float around on the internet.

Burner27

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
Originally posted by: chizow
Its a pretty good price on the card, a few things of note:

1) There's a new PCI-E X-Fi Titanium that does DDLive/DTS Interactive similar to the Auzen Prelude 7.1. Main difference is this card is PCI-E but it does NOT have HDMI out.

2) Auzentech has just released an X-FI PCI-E HDMI 1.3 card that will be able to decode/pass uncompressed DTS-MA/TrueHD and 8ch LPCM over HDMI. The only other card able to do this is the new Xonar DX 1.3. Both will cost you $200+.

3) Creative has said they will release drivers enabling DDLive/DTS Interactive for older/existing X-Fi cards sometime in July.

Along with the prospect of an X-Fi 2 (PCI-E with HDMI uncompressed support most likely), it seems like its a bit of a transitional period for sound cards. Personally I would wait if you're in the market or if you have an X-Fi or whatever else already, I'd evaluate whether or not you need the added features (PCI-E, HDMI, DDLive encoding etc) in your set-up.

Isn't optical out better than HDMI out for sound?

Is this the card you were referring to: http://www.soundblaster.com/pr...gory=208&product=17791

GeezerMan

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2005
Can't use optical or coax for Dolby TrueHD or DTS HD audio. You will only get the "core" audio if you try. The core audio does not include the HD frequencies

dragonlord2112

Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: havoti97
Actually you can create your own adapter with a few parts from Ratshack. The pin outs are well known and float around on the internet.

Actually, the latest issue (I think) of Maximum PC has the instructions and the part numbers you need.