DC HELP! Need a new mobo

BadThad

Lifer
Feb 22, 2000
My #1 cruncher for R@H has died, RIP! With 15,698,000 credits it managed to become #158 in the project rank by PC. Not because it's particularly fast (4770K@4.1) but because I put 24/7/365 work on it for about 7 years. I couldn't ask for much more out the Asus combo I've run it on but "no POST" day has come.

I believe in the Rosetta project. I'd like to breath life into this system again but Z97 boards are hard to find, ridiculously priced and I don't particularly trust the "general" used market. So I come to my DC brothers for help.....

I'm looking for a S1150 Z97 board. It must be able to OC my 4770K. If anyone has a Z97 board to help out a fellow teammate, please drop me a PM and let me know how much you want for it. It will be used to help TA R@H only.

THANKS!

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Great to see you post mate! Sadly I can't help you, but good to see ya nonetheless :)
Pop in a little more often ;) (btw have you seen that I finally joined in Rosetta? lol (just over a year ago).

crashtech

Lifer
Jan 4, 2013
I think it might be getting hard to find Z97 boards. Not seeing any in the F/S forums here or at [H]. If I see one pop up I'll post a link here!

BadThad

Lifer
Feb 22, 2000
Great to see you post mate! Sadly I can't help you, but good to see ya nonetheless :)
Pop in a little more often ;) (btw have you seen that I finally joined in Rosetta? lol (just over a year ago).

Great to see you too my friend! Yes, I've seen your name on the stats list for a long time. Glad to see you crunching for a GREAT cause!

Reactions: Assimilator1

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
It's not exactly what you are looking for since there wouldn't be any overclocking, but I have access to multiple retired, but still working Dell Optiplex 9020s that are compatible with 4th generation i5s and i7s.

Just as an option if you aren't able to find an overclocking board...

voodoo5_6k

Jan 14, 2021
Hey there :) Sorry to hear about your trusty system dying... Just like Fardringle, I don't have exactly what you're looking for, but maybe it's still interesting for you...

X10SLQ-L | Motherboards | Products | Super Micro Computer, Inc.

It has very few hours of runtime on it (I just used it as an HTPC for a few months). Box and accessories are still there, it's almost like new. You could have it for free. Only potential downside... It's in Germany. So, depending on your location, shipping might be an issue.

Reactions: crashtech

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
@Arkaign had one, that I said that I would buy, but then I slacked off and didn't snag it.

I actually sent him a PM earlier tonight to see if he still has it available.

If he does, I'll let you know.

I used to have a MSI Z97 PC Mate ATX, but I'm pretty sure that I must have sold it.

Edit: Are you in the USA? I have a B560M and 10100(F?) that I could let go fairly cheap.

Endgame124

Feb 11, 2008
I’ve got a NIB Asus board that I never ended up using. not sure on the chipset, will check for you later today.

BadThad

Lifer
Feb 22, 2000
Hey there :) Sorry to hear about your trusty system dying... Just like Fardringle, I don't have exactly what you're looking for, but maybe it's still interesting for you...

X10SLQ-L | Motherboards | Products | Super Micro Computer, Inc.

It has very few hours of runtime on it (I just used it as an HTPC for a few months). Box and accessories are still there, it's almost like new. You could have it for free. Only potential downside... It's in Germany. So, depending on your location, shipping might be an issue.

That's a Q87, no OC support but I'll keep the offer in my back pocket as it would run the chip. THANKS!

Last edited:

BadThad

Lifer
Feb 22, 2000
@Arkaign had one, that I said that I would buy, but then I slacked off and didn't snag it.

I actually sent him a PM earlier tonight to see if he still has it available.

If he does, I'll let you know.

I used to have a MSI Z97 PC Mate ATX, but I'm pretty sure that I must have sold it.

Edit: Are you in the USA? I have a B560M and 10100(F?) that I could let go fairly cheap.

Yes, I'm in the USA. I appreciate the help!

BadThad

Lifer
Feb 22, 2000
It's either €15.89 (up to 2kg, smaller package size) or €36.99 (up to 5kg). I'd have to pack and weigh everything to make sure.

I'll keep this in mind - lets see if I can find a Z97 first, thank you.

Last edited:

voodoo5_6k

Jan 14, 2021
I'll keep this in mind - lets see if I can find a Z97 first, thank you.
OK, no problem. I just checked- it's all there. Box, reference sheet, QA checklist, cable set, I/O shield, motherboard with socket protector cap in bag and foam. And yes, I have PayPal, although that part is gone now ;)

Also, it always worked fine (ironically, it also was a replacement for a failing Asus motherboard... maybe it'll be that again :)). I decommissioned it because when I commissioned my then new server, there finally was enough space to store all my DVDs & BDs on it. Therefore, I could reduce the footprint of the HTPC dramatically.

Reactions: crashtech

BadThad

Lifer
Feb 22, 2000
OK, no problem. I just checked- it's all there. Box, reference sheet, QA checklist, cable set, I/O shield, motherboard with socket protector cap in bag and foam. And yes, I have PayPal, although that part is gone now ;)

Also, it always worked fine (ironically, it also was a replacement for a failing Asus motherboard... maybe it'll be that again :)). I decommissioned it because when I commissioned my then new server, there finally was enough space to store all my DVDs & BDs on it. Therefore, I could reduce the footprint of the HTPC dramatically.

Thanks again, it's people like you that have kept me around here for over 20 years.

voodoo5_6k

Jan 14, 2021
Thanks again, it's people like you that have kept me around here for over 20 years.
You're most welcome :) I hope, you'll get lucky on your quest for a Z97 motherboard. And if not, then you still have a plan B ;)