Days Gone is a fantastic game.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Its one of my favorite games that I've played this year. The story, atmosphere, graphics, audio are all great. It's an open world game like GTA. There are side missions to compete. Its gotten some decent reviews as well. I'm almost done with the game, but I can see myself playing for a second or third time. IMO, there is some replay value.

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator and Elite Member
Aug 22, 2001
I will definitely pick this up if it goes on sale for under $20 from a reputable source.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
I feel like a lot of Sony exclusive games are actually 1 game with different skins in them. And that one game is a Ubisoft open world type game.

I admit I haven't played any of them, but based on reviews and previews and such the basic scaffolding and structure of games like Spiderman /Ghosts of Tsushima/Horizon/Etc are exactly the same and the window dressing changes from one to the other.

How would you say Days Gone fits into the somewhat standard open world tropes? Does it actually have emergent systems that grow out of the basic rules for the world or is it another Ubisoft style tower climbing stronghold clearing exercise?

DAPUNISHER

Aug 22, 2001
Just picked it up from Fanatical BF sale for $15 after coupon code. I saw enough game play to know I will like it well enough. Picked up Horizon Zero Dawn the Complete edition for $14 while I was at it. Playstation exclusives without the Playstation, dig it. :D

• Haha
Reactions: igor_kavinski

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
I feel like a lot of Sony exclusive games are actually 1 game with different skins in them. And that one game is a Ubisoft open world type game.

I admit I haven't played any of them, but based on reviews and previews and such the basic scaffolding and structure of games like Spiderman /Ghosts of Tsushima/Horizon/Etc are exactly the same and the window dressing changes from one to the other.

How would you say Days Gone fits into the somewhat standard open world tropes? Does it actually have emergent systems that grow out of the basic rules for the world or is it another Ubisoft style tower climbing stronghold clearing exercise?
TBH, its more like the 2nd. It is an open world game, but the open world is very limiting. The character is limited in what he can do. Collect flowers and meat. Raid camps. Ride your motorcycle from point A to point B. I'll admit that it does become a bit monotonous. The story is compelling though. There is a skill tree that I've already maxed out. I'm going thru the game a second time. The graphics are beautiful and pull the player in. When it rains, the dirt trails become muddy and that affects how the bike handles. It still is IMO a great game that is worth a run thru. There is a challange section in the game as well.

DAPUNISHER

Aug 22, 2001
I have started playing, and this game fits my play style perfectly. Stealthy most of the time, with sudden explosions of mayhem and carnage. Grinding it out for anything that can help give me an edge.

Story is a bit generic, but the voice acting is excellent.

Graphics are immersive, and the game runs fantastically. Don't need the latest and greatest hardware to enjoy this PC port.

Reactions: igor_kavinski

aigomorla

Cases and Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
gah only regret i have is i didnt play in realism to get the achievement, and on the second playthough i got burnt out and can't do it.

The game is fantastic and has a deep story.

however i got very annoyed at his wife near the end gameplay

ASK THE COMMUNITY