Day 1 of eating healthy is off to a good start

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
Stacked some Uber eats coupons/promos together and decided to try out a pizza and fried chicken place. Large meat lovers pixza with 4 tenders, 5 wings and two biscuits for $4.11

20200630_114840.jpg

Reactions: highland145

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
The fried chicken was pretty good. Biscuit was above average. Wings were fine but might have been the dipping sauce bringing that down as I wasn't the biggest fan. Pizza was a little doughier than I like. Ugh I ate too much and now have to deal with working through a food coma

Reactions: mopardude87

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
If that is eating healthy I don't want to see you pigging out.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Hey there's nothing wrong if day 1 is a cheat day. You're technically still eating healthy, you're just on your cheat day right now. :p
If we are being truly honest with nutrition, this was not that much of a cheat. Portions are under control, protein was high to help him from needing to eat again in an hour or two, not a lot of sugar. Add some vitamins and fiber (usually from veggies) and it is actually a reasonable meal healthwise.

I wouldn't call this a cheat day at all. We just need to get past the false concept that eating fat is bad. Once you do that, you'll see that this is not too bad of a meal. Not stellar either due to lack of vegetables, but not too bad. Swap out the biscuit for tasty sauteed greens and put it into your regular rotation.

Reactions: nakedfrog
Nov 8, 2012
If we are being truly honest with nutrition, this was not that much of a cheat. Portions are under control, protein was high to help him from needing to eat again in an hour or two, not a lot of sugar. Add some vitamins and fiber (usually from veggies) and it is actually a reasonable meal healthwise.

I wouldn't call this a cheat day at all. We just need to get past the false concept that eating fat is bad. Once you do that, you'll see that this is not too bad of a meal. Not stellar either due to lack of vegetables, but not too bad. Swap out the biscuit for tasty sauteed greens and put it into your regular rotation.

Overall agree - The carbs of the pizza and the biscuit are the worst things there health wise. They offer zero nutritional benefit.

The rest is just cheese, meat, and oils (fat). Nothing that is really bad for you.

Last edited:

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
I said it before and will say it again:

one of these days I am going to drive over there for dinner.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Shame on you, OP, and everyone supporting this horrible decision. "Well, 2/3 of his meal is just plain horrible, but it's still healthy." Sheesh.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Shame on you, OP, and everyone supporting this horrible decision. "Well, 2/3 of his meal is just plain horrible, but it's still healthy." Sheesh.
Go back to look at the picture with the thought that fat is healthy. Now you'll see reality.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006
This is America, that's what a diet platter looks like here.
Right. This was just a nice healthy starter before the main course of donuts, twinkies and mozzarella sticks

I said it before and will say it again:

one of these days I am going to drive over there for dinner.
Thank goodness we have covid and closed borders to keep your threats at bay

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Right. This was just a nice healthy starter before the main course of donuts, twinkies and mozzarella sticks
Mozzarella sticks are one of the things I miss most from my Fatty Two-by-four days :(
I still eat a couple every once in a while.

Reactions: mopardude87

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
If that is actually healthy, than this is a root vegetable salad, with rich dressing, and a nutritious baguette on the side.

I'm on a diet too, it was my lunch.

• Wow
Reactions: BudAshes

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
If that is actually healthy, than this is a root vegetable salad, with rich dressing, and a nutritious baguette on the side.

I'm on a diet too, it was my lunch.

They serve baguettes on a stick in Canada? Looks like a burnt corn dog to me. :eek: