Question Dawid tests the Ryzen 7600X versus the 200GE in an iGPU gaming comparison.

Insert_Nickname

Diamond Member
May 6, 2012
Spoiler, the 7600X on DDR5 wins, with one less (but more modern) CU.

Can't say I'm surprised. Over twice the frequency, newer architecture and DDR5 more then makes up for that 3rd CU.

The Vega3 in the Athlon is only good for 384* GFLOPS, the Zen4 IGP is good for 563.

*Mine gets up to 383,6 in AIDA64 GPGPU Benchmark, which is pretty ***** close to the theoretical limit.

fleshconsumed

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2002
Don't really care about gaming performance, but I would be curious if it could drive two 4K displays at 60Hz. I have 3 monitor setup and multimonitor power consumption has always been an issue with dedicated videocards. It would be really nice if I could have a hybrid setup with 2 monitors off of motherboard and one from videocard to reduce idle power consumption.

P.S. I just finished watching the video, I can see why you like this guy Larry, you two would totally get along lol :D

Last edited:

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Zen 4 can do emulation well without dGPU too.

It is better at gaming than I expected it to be.

Head to Head with UHD750 would make a better video. Since a weak 2/4 CPU would have been taken out of the mix.

And Dawid unintentionally spreads misinformation by using humor. There are doubtless some watching, that have no idea he is joking about starting a house fire. It spreads the fallacious talking point about 95c being an issue, when it isn't. Then he sarcastically talks about using a 1000W PSU because the Athlon is so power hungry. Never bank on the viewer being capable of getting the joke. And he said the Prime X570-PRO did not support the old APU for some reason. The reason: Bios ver.1404 added support. I should hope he knew that. Or else he needs to start wearing his N00b shirt again, as that is basic stuff.

Reactions: scineram

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I have the same problem with the CPU sticking to the heatsync when then ripping out of the socket like 1:20 (and damaging/bending/breaking PINS!) This killed my old ryzen 3600 which I was going to stick in another box. (Thankfully a 5500 was $120 and got the job done, but would have prefered to not waste that money though.)

Reactions: MangoX

SPBHM

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2012
2 CU RDNA2 IGP is also what that cheap quad core APU for laptops with zen2+ is using, so kind of relevant, well, maybe not really with this fast ram and high clocks, but... it's weak, but, capable of a surprising amount of gaming, and with basically radon dgpu compatibility.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001

I've been using these for about 5 years now between servers and laptops. Works better than paste when it comes to not ruining CPUs and GPUs. They keep my server running at room temp and laptops decently cool considering how hot they run.
Phil did a long term follow up on them. He says not to use the round bottom heatsinks with them due to potential damage. But they are inexpensive enough to replace down the road if necessary.

Insert_Nickname

Diamond Member
May 6, 2012
2 CU RDNA2 IGP is also what that cheap quad core APU for laptops with zen2+ is using, so kind of relevant, well, maybe not really with this fast ram and high clocks, but... it's weak, but, capable of a surprising amount of gaming, and with basically radon dgpu compatibility.

We could hope for a desktop launch at some point. It'd be a good last huzzah for low-end AM4.