David Beckham could miss rest of the season

KB

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 1999
Hes getting old. He gets injured just too easily. The play he was injured on occurred to me many times when I played soccer and I never fell like he did.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
Originally posted by: KB
Hes getting old. He gets injured just too easily. The play he was injured on occurred to me many times when I played soccer and I never fell like he did.

He was injured before that. Had an ankle injury or something that wasn't 100% recovered iirc.

kalster

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2002
good think beckham didnt move to premiership, at his age he cant handle the rough style of play in the premiership, much harder than la liga

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Preliminary statements:

I am an American.
Soccer (as we call it...Football to the rest of the world) is a legitimate sport.
I can't stand what passes for "professional athletes" here in the states. Vick, anyone?

That said: I am SO GLAD that this wussy piece of shit Beckham is turning out to be such a bad investment for the greedy bastard commericialized money machine that passes these days for "SPORTS" in the USA. Wow! Soccer champ? He must BE; just look at all the classy, "film noir" type pics of him and his freaky British wife, Skankypuss Spice!

I hope his little boney pussy ankle is fucked permanently and they are forced to not play him AND pay him his guaranteed mega-multi-millions from his not-my-fault-no-matter-what iron-clad contract.

Maybe corporate sports America will learn...probably not though. I'll continue to sit back and enjoy it all.

BTW: I don't gamble. I don't like sports. All my investments are either in boring low-yield CDs OR in Mutual Funds that focus on technology and medicine. Fuck these pussy ass athletes. :thumbsdown:

Saint Michael

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2007
Originally posted by: SampSon
and he was supposed to singlehandedly make soccer a huge sport in the us.

An impossibility. I don't get how all the people who push this sort of thing don't understand that the US doesn't ignore soccer because it just hasn't had a chance to prove itself here... Americans are actually proactively invested in not accepting soccer, because it threatens our cultural sovereignty. I mean, seriously, if people can claim soccer is boring and then turn around and watch the grass grow on a baseball field during a Yankees game, the problem is not the game itself.

Oct 4, 2004
Beckham was awesome... five years ago. He was a talented athlete in his prime but we all get old and can't hack it any more.

SampSon

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
Originally posted by: Saint Michael
Originally posted by: SampSon
and he was supposed to singlehandedly make soccer a huge sport in the us.

An impossibility. I don't get how all the people who push this sort of thing don't understand that the US doesn't ignore soccer because it just hasn't had a chance to prove itself here... Americans are actually proactively invested in not accepting soccer, because it threatens our cultural sovereignty. I mean, seriously, if people can claim soccer is boring and then turn around and watch the grass grow on a baseball field during a Yankees game, the problem is not the game itself.
Duh.

At least in baseball your league standings aren't decided by ties.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: KB

They all fall like that in MLS.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
Originally posted by: MichaelD
Preliminary statements:

I am an American.
Soccer (as we call it...Football to the rest of the world) is a legitimate sport.
I can't stand what passes for "professional athletes" here in the states. Vick, anyone?

That said: I am SO GLAD that this wussy piece of shit Beckham is turning out to be such a bad investment for the greedy bastard commericialized money machine that passes these days for "SPORTS" in the USA. Wow! Soccer champ? He must BE; just look at all the classy, "film noir" type pics of him and his freaky British wife, Skankypuss Spice!

I hope his little boney pussy ankle is fucked permanently and they are forced to not play him AND pay him his guaranteed mega-multi-millions from his not-my-fault-no-matter-what iron-clad contract.

Maybe corporate sports America will learn...probably not though. I'll continue to sit back and enjoy it all.

BTW: I don't gamble. I don't like sports. All my investments are either in boring low-yield CDs OR in Mutual Funds that focus on technology and medicine. Fuck these pussy ass athletes. :thumbsdown:

You think it's any different in the UK? Dude, you need a reality check...

Jul 10, 2007
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Originally posted by: MichaelD
Preliminary statements:

I am an American.

You think it's any different in the UK? Dude, you need a reality check...

or even other professional sports here in the US?