Daughter Beaten By Dad Who's A Texas Judge: It Happened Regularly

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Interesting aside...did you know that the Jewish "an eye for an eye" was actually a maximum limit? With the amount of barbarism in the world at that time, most cultures accepted you taking out both eyes of a person if they purposefully took out one of yours. One to make it even and the other as punishment.

The Jews made the punishment equal to the crime with this phrase, where there were not already listed punishments for crimes.

Not sure, but judging by what he said he might have already understood that. Restraint in practicing an eye for an eye could mean he'd like to kill him, which would exceed the crime.

SilthDraeth

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2003
I'm a firm believer in violence to stop violence. In fact that's only time it's justified. Jail is too nice like a "time out" but a curb stopping I'd go in for.

I've only seen red twice in my life. Once in apt we lived in some dude was beating his GF or wife as I was walking by their door. I kicked in screen door and proceeded to do work. Another time similar. This would be three if I saw it happening and the judge would be lucky if cops were there to just arrest him.

No thumbs up avatar? But Thumbs up none the less. Though I believe in giving a kid a spanking for dangerous stuff, etc. But a spanking is far different than what went on there.