Darth Vader triumphantly opens wall street

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Video

I always knew it.

Too big to fail!

I am sure he will be in front of congress tomorrow with one wave of his hand he will tell them "this is not the regulation you seek." and they will bow.
Weak minded fools.
:sneaky:

Last edited by a moderator:

fallout man

Golden Member
Nov 20, 2007
If they're going for comic relief, why not have Pinhead ring that bell...

"We have such returns to show you..."

sciwizam

Golden Member
Oct 22, 2004
Video

I always knew it.

Too big to fail!

I am sure he will be in front of congress tomorrow with one wave of his hand he will tell them "this is not the regulation you seek." and they will bow.
Weak minded fools.
:sneaky:

1257842120393.jpg

I have altered the deal. Pray I do not alter it any further.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
<nerd on>
Someone screwed up the costuming. The trooper armor is Phase II Clone Trooper armor, which would be prior to the formation of the Empire. But Vader being there obviously makes it after the formation of the Empire, meaning he should be surrounded by Stormtroopers, and not Clone Troopers.
</nerd off>

Fox5

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
<nerd on>
Someone screwed up the costuming. The trooper armor is Phase II Clone Trooper armor, which would be prior to the formation of the Empire. But Vader being there obviously makes it after the formation of the Empire, meaning he should be surrounded by Stormtroopers, and not Clone Troopers.
</nerd off>

Vader existed at the end of Episode 3, at which point they were still using clone armor.

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
Vader existed at the end of Episode 3, at which point they were still using clone armor.
Ahh, but the AP story calls them Stormtroopers. They were clearly going for an Original Trilogy style, and someone failed hard with the Stormtroopers.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Those storm troopers don't look right. I dressed up as one one Halloween all white with black eyes no colors.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
Can't you just pretend its the 501st hanging out with him right when he got the suit? They were with him when he was sith during the attack on Coursant....close enough.

But yeah, Lucas is getting desperate.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Ahh, but the AP story calls them Stormtroopers. They were clearly going for an Original Trilogy style, and someone failed hard with the Stormtroopers.

when does a Clone Trooper become a Stormtrooper?

there's a joke in there somewhere

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
I like how there's a quote from Amidala about ending the galaxy's democracy, yet she was a queen.

Wasn't she elected to the position of queen? And isn't electing a queen like the stupidest idea ever?

Fox5

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Wasn't she elected to the position of queen? And isn't electing a queen like the stupidest idea ever?

Well, people get elected dictator all the time. I think even Palpatine is elected dictator in the movies.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Well, people get elected dictator all the time. I think even Palpatine is elected dictator in the movies.
My analysis of the Star Wars movies, particularly Epsodes 4,5,6 is that as right thinking modernists we ought to cheer on the Emperor. The Emperor overthrew a hereditary aristocracy and its superstitious warrior cult defenders and replaced it with a meritocracy. Yet Lucas would have us cheer for the aristocrat scum trying to regain their old positions of inherited privilege.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
My analysis of the Star Wars movies, particularly Epsodes 4,5,6 is that as right thinking modernists we ought to cheer on the Emperor. The Emperor overthrew a hereditary aristocracy and its superstitious warrior cult defenders and replaced it with a meritocracy. Yet Lucas would have us cheer for the aristocrat scum trying to regain their old positions of inherited privilege.

Wasn't the old system an elected Senate as well?

And as our Congress shows, elected representatives are strictly loyal to the public interest.

The Star Wars movies always did seem a bit vague on the 'empire's flaws as a govenment, other than the whole 'death star happy to blow up a planet' thing.

But it wouldn't be the first such message. IMO, in World of Warcraft, the assumption the alliance are the 'good guyus' is undermined as you learn the horde are the 'good guys' and the alliance are imperialists.

Fox5

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Wasn't the old system an elected Senate as well?

And as our Congress shows, elected representatives are strictly loyal to the public interest.

The Star Wars movies always did seem a bit vague on the 'empire's flaws as a govenment, other than the whole 'death star happy to blow up a planet' thing.

But it wouldn't be the first such message. IMO, in World of Warcraft, the assumption the alliance are the 'good guyus' is undermined as you learn the horde are the 'good guys' and the alliance are imperialists.

Yeah, but WOW builds that into the story. Or rather, warcraft did and WOW just follows.
The orcs were straight up evil in the original warcraft, mostly evil in warcraft 2, and then in warcraft 3 they became the native americans of the warcraft world.