Darth Maul -- a freaking 2-bits!

LordMaul

Lifer
Nov 16, 2000
I was at the library yesterday, as a few of you know, doing bad things like sneaking on to the computers and hax0ring into them because I was bored as hell. I left my house so I could know what the sun looked like...and ended driving over to the PL.

Anyway, after clicking on Thereds sig, laughing like hell, and such, I decided to go back into hiding. But, walah! As I was walking out they were bringing out books on carts with a sign that said "Paper backs -- 10 cents. Hardcovers -- 25 cents. Reference books -- $1.00."

I looked through them, nothing too exciting, and then the lady brought out MORE books. She had a cart with about 20-25 BRAND NEW=looking books with the tags STILL ON THEM from Barnes&Noble or Borders. I saw "Maul" out the corner of my eyes, and grabbed it. It was the "new" Darth Maul novel "Darth Maul - Shadow Hunter" by Michael Reeves(the dude who(on back inside flap) "Won an Emmy Award for his work on Batman the Animated Series."

The pages are like brand new, not read. It still has a mint dust-jacket and everything...

So I walked up to the lady, and said, "Is this one for sale, too?" She said, "Yes, sir." I said "Regular hardcover price; 25 cents?" She said "Yes..."

The clincher? The price. Twenty-Five bucks on the price tag....

Nice find! Talk about a hot deal!

DannyLove

Lifer
Oct 17, 2000
where do you live damn it! i want a good book sale, i've only seen a nice $5 book sale and that was outside my schools lib.

danny~!

Rio Rebel

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
[standard Anantech response]
Darth Maul sucks. Obi Wan is faster, and the Emperor is more powerful. He didn't even make it out of the first movie. Your book is junk.

You should save up your money and wait till a book about Darth Vader or Palpatine comes out. He RULZ. You got ripped off.
[/standard Anandtech response]

BigSmooth

Lifer
Aug 18, 2000
Sounds like a good deal, I love it when I buy something I like for next to nothing. :)

Optimus

Diamond Member
Aug 23, 2000
Wow - I literally finished reading that book last night! Its pretty good too, nothing deep, but an enjoyable read.

Enjoy, and yes, thats a great deal!

:)

nirgis

Mar 4, 2001
did barnes and noble donate the books? Cause it sounds like someone in that exchange is getting ripped off. (Not you) :D