Darn you Terrorists!! Firefighters called Terrorists by a city leader

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I've never been into the nationalistic display the flag thing. It started going into reduculosity in the Bush admin. They probably kept a flag making company working overtime to get probably in the hundreds as a backdrop to any press conference or announcement and obviously during the campaigns. Then is after 9/11 if you didn't have the flag label pin you were immediately suspected of "not being with us".

Even notice now that ubiquitous flag patch that all the first responders where these days.

Geez, Hillary is even gotten into the act. I guess to run for office now there must be a minimum of 50 flags on the stage.

Now that my rant is over.....

If this story turns out to be true, it's absurd that the Fire company should not be able to display the flag of this country.

Last edited:

KB

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 1999
Wow, the guy compared flying the American flag on firetrucks to terrorists flying the ISIS flag into holy war. just wow.. poor choice of words is an understatement.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I fly a couple of flags in my home and have 1 in my car.. am I a terrorist too?

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
This country has gone insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5u1hU5NAr8

Hope they refuse to roll up on his house if its on fire.
Agreed, and well said. Considering that he called them terrorists, obviously it's far too dangerous for firefighters (and EMTs!) to come to his house.

It's also worth pointing out to everyone who is reflexively anti-union that it's the firefighters' union who is flying the flags. (Not to mention running into burning buildings to save other human beings - and probably for less money than the idiot in the suit "earns".)

I've never been into the nationalistic display the flag thing. It started going into reduculosity in the Bush admin. They probably kept a flag making company working overtime to get probably in the hundreds as a backdrop to any press conference or announcement and obviously during the campaigns. Then is after 9/11 if you didn't have the flag label pin you were immediately suspected of "not being with us".

Even notice now that ubiquitous flag patch that all the first responders where these days.

Geez, Hillary is even gotten into the act. I guess to run for office now there must be a minimum of 50 flags on the stage.

If this story turns out to be true, it's absurd that the Fire company should not be able to display the flag of this country.
Really?

Damn, dude, we're going to need a minute to adjust our thinking. :D

Wow, the guy compared flying the American flag on firetrucks to terrorists flying the ISIS flag into holy war. just wow.. poor choice of words is an understatement.
Poor choice of words . . . brain . . . ethics . . .

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000

United we stand, divided we fall. You like bumping your nose on the floor a lot I see.

desy

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2000
Why wouldn't somebody want to have the flag displayed of the country you live in?
Seems resonable to me. Can it be overdone, sure, but isn't the point of a national symbol is for it to be shown?

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Why wouldn't somebody want to have the flag displayed of the country you live in?
Seems resonable to me. Can it be overdone, sure, but isn't the point of a national symbol is for it to be shown?

Because we all live in that same country. I never understood the need to fly a domestic flag.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Eh, there's always some random dumb guy out there if you're looking for a catchy headline. The difference now is that his dumbness gets transmitted out of the region he lives in.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
does this mean that someone flying a isis flag .. is a TRUE AMERICAN ?!?!