Darkspore sucks

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
Just sayin'

Steam had a "play free now and buy 4 for the price of 3!" and I played it for 15 minutes and have no desire to play any more...

ioni

Aug 3, 2009
Not surprised. Spore was a huge letdown, as was its expansion. Why expect any better from Dark Spore?

Nik

Lifer
Jun 5, 2006
Ya, it does. A friend of mine bought it, then I bought it, then neither one of us played it longer than about 30 minutes.

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
Ya, it does. A friend of mine bought it, then I bought it, then neither one of us played it longer than about 30 minutes.

Sucker! I'm actually surprised they did a beta/demo of it, all it seems to be doing is turning people OFF from it

RandomSanity

Jan 23, 2006
I actually didn't mind it at all, it is certainly a lot better than spore. It is a little heavy on the useless story videos but otherwise it looks like it will be a decent enough game to hold me over until torchlight is released.

gothamhunter

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2010
I actually thought it was really fun, and I could see myself playing it long-term. The problem is the pricing; it seems to be an indie-caliber game rather than a big-name game, plus we all know there will be a bajillion expansion packs/addons.

If it were at like the $20 mark, I would consider getting it. However, at the $50 mark and with D3 probably coming out this year, I'll just enjoy the beta while it's still out.

CottonRabbit

Golden Member
Apr 28, 2005
I like it. Gameplay gets better once you have all your squad abilities unlocked. The game does a good job with item generation. There's always gear to look forward to after missions. However, it does seem unpolished for a $50 game.

fatpat268

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2006
It was ok, I guess.

I still wont buy it, or any game related to Spore, on principle alone.

crownjules

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2005
It's not a bad game. But I didn't find anything about it that stood out enough to make me want to keep playing. It's just another ARPG with some modification being possible via the Spore engine.

RandomSanity

Jan 23, 2006
If anyone who did enjoy it wants to pool funds with me and buy a four pack, it comes to $37.50 per game that way.

Joemonkey

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2001
If anyone who did enjoy it wants to pool funds with me and buy a four pack, it comes to $37.50 per game that way.

careful, I did something similar back when Borderlands came out and a mod deleted the post with a "NO GROUP BUYS!!" reason

I think the game is more worth $15 anyway, so count me out