Darkness Good for Immune System

Elledan

Banned
Jul 24, 2000
Darkness is cool :) nothing beats going out at night and spending some time in the darkness, watching the stars ;)

stonerdave

Golden Member
Jul 26, 2000
i guess this means early deaths for us vampires. assuming we don't have the money to afford coffins.

rlism

Golden Member
Feb 1, 2001
Kewl read, but isn't sunlight good for the body as well?

Exposure to sunlight is an important source of vitamin D. Ultraviolet (UV) rays from sunlight trigger vitamin D synthesis in the skin (7,8). Season, latitude, time of day, cloud cover, smog, and suncreens affect UV ray exposure (8). For example, in Boston the average amount of sunlight is insufficient to produce significant vitamin D synthesis in the skin from November through February. Sunscreens with a sun protection factor of 8 or greater will block UV rays that produce vitamin D, but it is still important to routinely use sunscreen whenever sun exposure is longer than 10 to 15 minutes. It is especially important for individuals with limited sun exposure to include good sources of vitamin D in their diet.

Anyway, blah blah blah... more info on the importance of vitamin D.

I guess 'everything in moderation' holds true for light/darkness too. =P

purplehayes

Golden Member
Mar 31, 2000
Great, I'll show this to my wife and maybe, just maybe she'll turn off all of the nightlights. :(

PH
:D

LAUST

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
Kewl read, but isn't sunlight good for the body as well?

Yes it is very important.

DoubleL

Golden Member
Apr 3, 2001
Well you can print anything I still can't get over how people fell for that global warming joke