Dang it, had a Surface pro 7 for a week and it slipped onto the table from about 3 inches and the screens shattered.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I haven't had a chance to call MS but three inches? The website says $450 to replace? Oh man,

Ideas? Third party repair sites? Can I talk MS into a discount or covered repair?

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
3 inches is crazy.

I hope you get them to cover it, seems it has to have been defective.

Steltek

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
Those things are glued. Like, mechanical parts are holding the glue together, glued (at least, the older one my brother has is, anyway). I don't know who you'd get to fix it.

How old is it? Did you happen to purchase it on a credit card with an extended warranty feature or damage coverage?

Reactions: Saylick

Saylick

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2012
Those things are glued. Like, mechanical parts are holding the glue together, glued (at least, the older one my brother has is, anyway). I don't know who you'd get to fix it.

How old is it? Did you happen to purchase it on a credit card with an extended warranty feature or damage coverage?

This. Most credit cards have some Buyer's Protection benefit baked-in. For example, here's Chase Freedom's benefits: Chase Freedom Purchase Benefit